What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 09/08/2022 17:21

Posted on 09/08/2022 16:59 by Takethedogalong

Hot and getting hotter here. This is it……the pool goes up this week🥳🤩

Posted on 09/08/2022 17:21

Are you offering to share?

RedKite replied on 09/08/2022 17:35

Posted on 09/08/2022 17:35

Go for it Tda I hope I can go in ours  in the next couple of days as the water level is a bit low and not allowed to top it now due to water restrictions.

Now 36.8C on weather station  and tomorrow has dropped from 40C to 39C we will see, off shopping tomorrow so hope it will be cooler in shops and will find a spot on the way back in the shade for a picnic lunch.

Takethedogalong replied on 09/08/2022 18:56

Posted on 09/08/2022 18:56

You will have to make a booking Millie🤣 Neighbours are intrigued, family hovering, dog has gone into hiding (he’s a wimp, only does dirty water🤣) Can’t believe quality of it to be honest, has fittings for a filtration system. Dipped a paw earlier, think I can do it without wet suit. OH has got diving tariff sorted, I get extra marks for low displacement as I go in, but will lose marks if it slops over sides🤣🤣

Bakers2 replied on 09/08/2022 19:42

Posted on 09/08/2022 18:56 by Takethedogalong

You will have to make a booking Millie🤣 Neighbours are intrigued, family hovering, dog has gone into hiding (he’s a wimp, only does dirty water🤣) Can’t believe quality of it to be honest, has fittings for a filtration system. Dipped a paw earlier, think I can do it without wet suit. OH has got diving tariff sorted, I get extra marks for low displacement as I go in, but will lose marks if it slops over sides🤣🤣

Posted on 09/08/2022 19:42

Good job you've got it in and full before any water restrictions for your area.

Will you really be able to dive in 😱? Didn't realise you'd been digging an hole! Or do you have a high diving board?

Takethedogalong replied on 09/08/2022 20:51

Posted on 09/08/2022 20:51

Its a clever blow up design, where the water supports the sides to give some depth, so takes no effort at all to set up. I have had a paddle around tonight, actually warmer than I thought it would be. Sun will heat it tomorrow, few more degrees, ready for a full immersion. No diving though, no where deep enough. It will be floating mainly🤣

nelliethehooker replied on 09/08/2022 21:47

Posted on 08/08/2022 17:39 by Cornersteady

Went up Snowdon on a very hot and sunny day. Great day out 

Posted on 09/08/2022 21:47

Great photos, CS. I have only ever been up once and we had very little view, but it was around  midnight when to got to the top!! T'was fun getting down in the dark.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/08/2022 21:53

Posted on 09/08/2022 21:53

After all the shennanagins yesterday with server errors I have not had time to catch up with most of the posts, but will do later in the week, hopefully.

Yesterday we went back to the car park at Bowes Museum and walked into the town to visit the castle. After a picnic in the museum grounds, on our return, we intended to park down by the river and have a walk along by the Tees. However all the main roads through the town were in gridlock because of diverted traffic following a major accident on the A66 earlier. We managed to wind our way through the back streets and avoid most of the holdups to get back to our site.
We had seen, from around 10::00 on the morning, many cyclists passing by along the road in front of the site towards Middleton-in-Teesdale, and numbers continued to pass all day and even when it had got dark. It turned out that they were some of the around 2000 on the London/Edinburgh/London unsupported cycle challenge, 1500 km+, the whole distance to be completed in 5 days.

Left BC today and am now on another new to us CL at Knayton. Although we do like the fine weather we hope it is not too hot over the next few days so that we can get out with Flyte without him getting overheated.

ABM replied on 10/08/2022 08:38

Posted on 10/08/2022 08:38

Glad to be able to get on here this morning  --  Finished the first book in the "Thomas Covenant " series yesterday then came for a little light relief but " ESS MAINT " by 22.35 so looked for a little light reading on my Kindles already read section  --  another 'series' book in the Kane & Abel series  "Shall we tell the President ".  Not as hard as T.C. books, but memory tweeking none the less.

At least I will have something to read in the shady times later on BUT first of all un-curdled porage followed by a serious strimming of the nettles,  so off to find a bowl ...................

ABM replied on 10/08/2022 08:44

Posted on 10/08/2022 08:44

P.S.  ~~

Very Best Wishes to all pups, goldfish and Toe-danglers  ~~  May the waterboard cure their leeks (??) with out excess charges to you all   wink

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook