What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

KjellNN replied on 22/05/2020 22:34

Posted on 22/05/2020 21:22 by robsail

Edinburgh's garden waste was picked up this week!

Posted on 22/05/2020 22:34

Our council is also about to start taking the garden waste bins, ours will go on the 2nd of June.  I wonder if they will empty all 3!

Bakers2 replied on 23/05/2020 08:39

Posted on 23/05/2020 08:39

Another bright but breezy day still no rain 😱. We've hosed our garden every evening for the last 4 days. We try not to do it often as it encourages shallow roots rather than them seeming deeper moisture but they've been wilting by lunchtime on the following day!

I've got a few plants from mum's garden to go in plus a few geraniums left over from grave planting. As cheap to buy more than just the amount I required πŸ˜‰. Can't plant them until we have some of the wet stuff not only forecast but arriving! But no heavy wind or rain for another week please whilst I enjoy my rambling rector πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Cooler today just as well as I need to clean the conservatory windows.

We've been really lucky, or our council has been good and sorted, as our refuge collections have remained throughout and they have now opened our recycling centres, we dont need it and I think with the amount of 'stuff' put out on drives I think much has been saved from landfill by this pandemic. Hasn't even involved getting it to a charity shop!

Goldie enjoy your weekend off, sorry someone will be on Aga duties, hope it's not too mucky 😱

Anyone any news of HelenandTrevor? Have I missed posts? I can't recall ready her news but I know she's a key worker so working but maybe exposed??

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 23/05/2020 11:21

Posted on 23/05/2020 11:21

Whilst out yesterday I passed a speed cam, glanced at my speedo-33mph. I got home popped the SD card from my Dashcam, checked my speed-30mph so I’ve downloaded that 3min segment just in case. I love dashcamsπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Š

milliehull replied on 23/05/2020 11:40

Posted on 22/05/2020 20:56 by Bakers2

Couldn't resist sharing this one with you all.

Nellie great names for dogs.

I admire anyone reading Lord of the Rings, I got lost with it, even watching the films 😲, but to read it aloud I am impressed. I tried it on cassette in the car when driving - still lost couldn't remember if I'd heard that side or not - hopeless case πŸ˜‚

Posted on 23/05/2020 11:40

Bakers2, she is indeed absolutely adorable so a great choice of name. You are going to have such a lot of fun and companionship from her. She sounds a lovely little dog. Keep the photos coming. I hope she is still settling in well. Did you manage to see your son as well? I hope your conservatory blinds are no finished.

We went over to wish our eldest grandson a socially distanced happy birthday for his 13th birthday yesterday.  They live in a little fenland town about 12 miles away so it gave the car a bit of a run out as well. It was so lovely to see them all.  We were very naughty and sat at a social distance in their garden for a while and had a chat.  Jessie their dog was delighted to see us and sat between OH and I looking from one to the other and putting her front paw on us for attention. I had made them some cloth face masks and grandson put his on and said he was ready to rob a bank now! It was difficult to say good bye without giving them all a hug though.  We have had some rain this morning but hardly enough to wet the paving slabs so no good for the garden unfortunately.

SteveL replied on 23/05/2020 11:42

Posted on 23/05/2020 11:21 by Rocky 2 buckets

Whilst out yesterday I passed a speed cam, glanced at my speedo-33mph. I got home popped the SD card from my Dashcam, checked my speed-30mph so I’ve downloaded that 3min segment just in case. I love dashcamsπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Š

Posted on 23/05/2020 11:42

Not got a dash cam but if using the sat nav the speedo readings on all three of our vehicles  are similar to yours, about 3 different. So 33 on the speedo is 30 on the sat nav. So you should be well in, as there is also some tolerance.🀞

Goldie146 replied on 23/05/2020 11:57

Posted on 23/05/2020 11:57

Another very windy day (but only up to 45mph). No alarm set, but I still woke at the usual time of 05:00. So it was wonderful to turn over and go back to sleep.  My Aga man (aka OH) has fixed the Aga and lit it. It will be up to a useable heat just in time to cook supper I hope. Meanwhile there’s more cheese in the fridge and even some leftover chicken.

brue replied on 23/05/2020 12:15

Posted on 23/05/2020 12:15

Very windy day here too, anyone down in Lyme Bay will be getting sand in their eyes. wink A few spots of rain, now gone. Waitrose delivery for us and neighbours sorted, seems to take ages wiping everything, re-bagging, sorting out substitutions, phoning neighbours up explaining what's changed etc. 

Teaching daughter tells me they've no idea what's happening after the school holiday except they'll try and teach outside if there is a plan to get going again. A sure fire guarantee the dry weather will cease. 

Takethedogalong replied on 23/05/2020 12:27

Posted on 22/05/2020 22:08 by nelliethehooker

It was a nightly ritual with us especially when away in the caravan. Both The Hobbit, and LotR, have been read that many times that our copies are falling to bits. I must have read it at least a couple of times myself apart from when reading to the kids.

Posted on 23/05/2020 12:27

First time I read LOTR, was memorable. I was at PE College, otherwise known as Wentworth Woodhouse. We used the old libraries(there are four roomsπŸ˜‚) for study and revision. Being a book worm, I was utterly blown away that many of the old books were still there, supplemented by newer reading material that underpinned a lot of the second subjects. I picked up a bound copy of The Fellowship of the Ring, and was hooked immediately. Spent lots of the cold damp Winter hours up there, comfy in an old armchair. I read The Hobbit after.

Loved the films as well, thought Peter Jackson did an amazing job on putting them onscreen. We have all the special edition DVDs that have hours of extras about the cast, the sets, the filming, etc....Ever so interesting. The bit where they filmed up the snowy mountain in New Zealand, Sean Bean loathes flying, so instead of hopping into helicopter, he walked up in most of his make up and costume!

milliehull replied on 23/05/2020 12:36

Posted on 23/05/2020 12:36

OH had read the Lord of the #Rings before I met him. I thought he was a bit weird laughing. He absolutely loves the books but hates the films.  He went to a couple with our son and daughter but said he didn't want to see anymore as he thought they spoilt the books for him.  I am afraid they are not my type of book at all.

brue replied on 23/05/2020 12:44

Posted on 23/05/2020 12:44

Nor mine Millie. When we got our cat from the rspca the kennel girls said it was really hard finding names for so many animals. They sometimes went through alphabetically but in the latest admission the new cats and our "Rollo" had been given a star wars name (can't remember it now) I suppose if I'd been a fan I met have kept it but it didn't suit him at all. smile

It was nice to hear how Flyte got his name, it sounds just right for a spaniel.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook