2022- 6 Nations

mickysf replied on 28/01/2022 09:34

Posted on 28/01/2022 09:34

Well the contest is nearly upon us and the excitement is building. Predictions? For me I think England will do well, even with Farrell out. I hope Marcus Smith really shows us his creative skills. He’s got a good mentor in Jonny Wilkinson! The biggest test for them I think will be France. Bring the games on! . 

Extugger replied on 28/01/2022 15:23

Posted on 28/01/2022 15:23

Excited here too Micky. The one competition I look forward to each year.

I'm not a fan of Farrell and am looking forward to seeing others keep him out of the team. I think the French will be the team to beat and the only certainty will be Italy (sadly) again retaining the wooden spoon. Interesting opener for England......the Calcutta Cup, away in Edinburgh, is never an easy fixture.

mickysf replied on 28/01/2022 15:54

Posted on 28/01/2022 15:23 by Extugger

Excited here too Micky. The one competition I look forward to each year.

I'm not a fan of Farrell and am looking forward to seeing others keep him out of the team. I think the French will be the team to beat and the only certainty will be Italy (sadly) again retaining the wooden spoon. Interesting opener for England......the Calcutta Cup, away in Edinburgh, is never an easy fixture.

Posted on 28/01/2022 15:54

A Leicester Fan by any chance, extugger? Yes, Scotland will be an indication as to the worth of England but the latter are favourites. One of the things about Rugby I like is that even the underdog can have his day. Sometimes sheer determination and grit can overcome what looks like a forgone conclusion and when it happens admiration can soon overcome disappointment in my opinion.

Extugger replied on 28/01/2022 15:59

Posted on 28/01/2022 15:59

Never a truer word spoken Micky and no, not a Tigers fan as such - just the game of rugby 

nelliethehooker replied on 28/01/2022 20:51

Posted on 28/01/2022 20:51

Looking at the strengths of all the sides, apart from Italy of course, I think that there is little to choose between the teams. As usual there will be an upset or two, but if I was a betting man, and I'm not, I would place my 10p on France to take the title.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/02/2022 20:34

Posted on 03/02/2022 20:34

Tom Curry captains England against Scotland

Now I didn't expect that, although I guess that it is a typical move by Eddie Jones, similar to when he gave the captaincy to Dylan Hartley.

Extugger replied on 04/02/2022 06:57

Posted on 04/02/2022 06:57

Unexpected choice indeed Nellie - hopefully it'll prove to be a good one.

I'm hoping the tournament isn't marred by the relentless need for referees to refer to the video ref, scrutinising every minute detail of play and the over use (imho) of red cards. Let the game flow, get on with it! It's bad enough having to endure scrums nowadays (which can consume up to 3 minutes of playing time) as paying customers, we've come to watch a game of rugby, not a set of officals. 

The chills are running down my spine, the nerves are jangling, my hands rub together in fevered anticipation.......and it's only Friday!

Extugger replied on 06/02/2022 06:26

Posted on 06/02/2022 06:26

How Bizarre!

Wales get thumped in Dublin and England dominate a game they lose. I'm at a loss for any more comments

Fisherman replied on 06/02/2022 14:13

Posted on 06/02/2022 14:13

The Wales team mirrored the dire state of the Regional teams. Unless we see a very good team this pm I can see Ireland being Champons if not Grand Slam winners.

moulesy replied on 06/02/2022 14:35

Posted on 06/02/2022 14:35

"I'm hoping the tournament isn't marred by the relentless need for referees to refer to the video ref, scrutinising every minute detail of play and the over use (imho) of red cards. Let the game flow, get on with it! It's bad enough having to endure scrums nowadays (which can consume up to 3 minutes of playing time) as paying customers, we've come to watch a game of rugby, not a set of officals."

Give up on the posh boys' game and switch to watching rugby league! wink

To be honest, I've got a bit bored watching union premiership and internationals over the past couple of years, although I will, and did, continue to watch the England games. But league is returning, albeit in a small way for the moment, to terrestrial TV, and that's where the real excitement remains. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook