2022- 6 Nations

mickysf replied on 28/01/2022 09:34

Posted on 28/01/2022 09:34

Well the contest is nearly upon us and the excitement is building. Predictions? For me I think England will do well, even with Farrell out. I hope Marcus Smith really shows us his creative skills. He’s got a good mentor in Jonny Wilkinson! The biggest test for them I think will be France. Bring the games on! . 

mickysf replied on 21/03/2022 18:24

Posted on 21/03/2022 18:24

I’m sure it’s the same here, Fish but remember that old saying, “you can eat an elephant but only in small bites”. We even know that there is an elephant in the room and it’s name! Time for Eddie the Elephant to pack his trunk me thinks!

nelliethehooker replied on 21/03/2022 21:44

Posted on 21/03/2022 21:44

I agree about the lack of development from grass roots, but it Is a long time since I was incomprehension not sure how they now go about recruiting talent into the game with so many other attractions about for young lads. I can't say the same for the lassies as they are going from strength to strength.

I think that EJ is now past it as far has new ideas are concerned. He is definitely yesterday's man as far as I am concerned.

mickysf replied on 03/04/2022 12:52

Posted on 03/04/2022 12:52

Watched the Wales v Scotland womens game yesterday. What a cracking game, hard fought until the last. Very impressed with the skill levels and determination shown. Today England’s Red Roses in Italy, might just watch that too!

mickysf replied on 24/04/2022 20:10

Posted on 24/04/2022 20:10

Seriously impressed with The Red Roses performance today against Ireland. What an enjoyable flowing game in that second half particularly. Next week’s game against France could provide that well earned Grand Slam. Streets ahead of all teams presently in my opinion.

nelliethehooker replied on 24/04/2022 20:50

Posted on 24/04/2022 20:50

I didn't get to see today's game, but have just watched the tries, and there were a couple of belters in there. Hope to watch next week's encounter with the French though, which should be a proper contest.

Extugger replied on 01/05/2022 09:56

Posted on 01/05/2022 09:56

And what a great encounter it was! An extremely worrying first 5 minutes or so before the Roses steadied the ship and their dominance told up front, along with some stoic defending, ensuring a fourth Grand Slam on the trot! (Eddie take note)

Congratulations on another epic victory ladies.

A good victory for the Italians over the Welsh too (Deja-vu??)

mickysf replied on 01/05/2022 13:33

Posted on 01/05/2022 09:56 by Extugger

And what a great encounter it was! An extremely worrying first 5 minutes or so before the Roses steadied the ship and their dominance told up front, along with some stoic defending, ensuring a fourth Grand Slam on the trot! (Eddie take note)

Congratulations on another epic victory ladies.

A good victory for the Italians over the Welsh too (Deja-vu??)

Posted on 01/05/2022 13:33

All so very true, wasn’t the fast flowing slick game of past weeks but they showed they had that other game plan and employed it effectively. Roll on the World Cup later this year.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook