I love Dogs me...

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 26/08/2014 17:37

Posted on 26/08/2014 17:37

Welcome to all Dog lovers & generally Canine minded Folk. I have started this to enable a Thread to be used-in the Pet section with a title 'I love Dogs' so there will be no problems with attracting the right Posters, and the 'wrong Posters' give it a swerverCool. I am mainly a working Dog Lover, I have had-J/Russells, Retrievers, Lurchers. Currently have 2 White Cockapoo's. Mum & Daughter. Not my kind of Dogs(at first) the OH fell in love with the Breed a year after losing the Retriever. Now I couldn't imagine life without them. You either love Dogs or don't, if you do then life without them really is empty. I feel for the none Dog Folk, not knowing the joys of owning Dogs. But I'm not stupid enough to believe just because I love em everyone should. So if you would like to talk Canine, please be my guestSmile

Wherenext replied on 17/04/2022 17:59

Posted on 14/04/2022 16:26 by Tinwheeler

What a scare you must all have had, not least your dog. It's good to hear he’s recovering which is the main thing.👍🏻

Adders in long grass can certainly be a problem. It’s fairly common on the cliff tops adjacent to the club's Godrevy site.

Posted on 17/04/2022 17:59

Watch out for them on Exeter Racecourse site as well. Seen them there myself and the wardens said they had to get someone in to clear them out of the office before starting the season. They earn their money, do wardens.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 13/12/2022 10:48

Posted on 13/12/2022 10:48

I was out today when there was just enough light to see. Boy was it just glorious too, it was a scene from a movie it was heartwarming(but so cold externally). I’d seen Deer moving around closer to the Village due to the hoar frosts we’ve been getting-no doubt scavenging, it’s been -4c. When we got out of the meadow & into the fields proper it really did look like thick snow. It was easy to see the tracks of numerous creatures that had passed that way as they rubbed off the frost. I stayed away from the copses in the area due to the Deer I know lay up there. To spook them from their resting places of warmth was a disservice to their survival. I did see a small herd of 3 Doe’s & 2 of this years fawns watching me with concern beyond the copse. I knew there were Badgers out & about due to their digging spoil in a drainage ditch bank but no actual sightings. I wasn’t out for long due to the Dogs having growing snowballs on their paws, they did look hilarious lifting up their paws so high & trying to chew the snow off. As much as I love my Dogs I was not going to clear the frost balls in the frigid cold of dawn. When home I stood them in a few inches of tepid water to get the frost balls off. I made them happy by cranking up the wood burner prior to setting off, I even put their big beach towel on the rug. They flopped down & snored for a good hour. Stay warm & Enjoy your day.

neveramsure replied on 13/12/2022 11:52

Posted on 13/12/2022 11:52

A great post Rocky, thanks for sharing your morning dog walk and it’s always a bonus to hear about the varied wildlife that you are fortunate enough to have in your area.cool

PS. I now also have a multi-fuel stove fitted and it is very much appreciated by our Lurcher.laughing

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 13/12/2022 12:38

Posted on 13/12/2022 11:52 by neveramsure

A great post Rocky, thanks for sharing your morning dog walk and it’s always a bonus to hear about the varied wildlife that you are fortunate enough to have in your area.cool

PS. I now also have a multi-fuel stove fitted and it is very much appreciated by our Lurcher.laughing

Posted on 13/12/2022 12:38

Wooho-Welcome Brother👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻. We happy band of Brothers😊. Nothing says contentment better than a Dog & a woodburner.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/12/2022 12:52

Posted on 13/12/2022 12:52

This was the scene in our house a few years ago, no chance of any human getting close to fire🤣 Lounge with a real flame gas fire. Now Choccy is on his own, he has a new rug in front of log burner every Christmas.❤️

Tinwheeler replied on 13/12/2022 13:27

Posted on 13/12/2022 13:27

Good to read another story of your morning dog walking exploits, Rocky. You paint a vivid image with your words - the descriptions of the frost and ice balls make me shiver🥶. Great sighting of the deer👍🏻.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 13/12/2022 15:56

Posted on 13/12/2022 15:56

Thanks👍🏻, it was outstanding was the whole fairytale vista so I needed to share😊. Mother Nature sure paints a beautiful monotone picture.

ABM replied on 14/12/2022 22:23

Posted on 14/12/2016 08:19 by Bugs

All is not yet lost!

Rochelle provided this update yesterday in the "New Website" discussion:

We’ve also been having a few issues migrating all the threads and stories from the last website to the new, that’s why you may see that some posts are missing, or some comments are missing from the threads – IT are looking into this and the posts will be recovered in due course.

Cheers

Bugs

Posted on 14/12/2022 22:23

Blimey,  Are they STILL looking ??

neveramsure replied on 25/12/2022 18:35

Posted on 25/12/2022 18:35

It’s become a tradition and a pleasure in recent years for me to wish all you dog lovers a Happy Christmas and a great New Year,smile in keeping with the situation.wink

From me the OH and Tess.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook