Corona Virus Concerns

thebells replied on 06/04/2020 09:04

Posted on 06/04/2020 09:04

As the other (Stay or go) thread appears to be locked, I've started this one. There is no specific subject matter so hopefully everyone can continue to update others as to what's happening in their lives and areas. I live in the suburbs (but hope to move to rural Northumberland in next few years) and found it really illuminating to hear how those living in rural areas are being affected by issues such as tourists and lack of access to shops etc

Unlocked at 21.06

JVB66 replied on 08/06/2020 15:47

Posted on 08/06/2020 15:47

When talking to some of the younger generation,  it seems ,they cannot understand what all the fuss is about ,when pointing out to them because they live away from areas of high population ,and very few it seems  , cases in this area , it seems as a result . ,does not mean they do not need take care,,but then it is the "older generation that is "advising"  what do we know? so its the raised eyebrows syndromeundecided

allanandjean replied on 08/06/2020 17:01

Posted on 08/06/2020 12:49 by Tinwheeler

That's in poor taste in view of some comments made yesterday. 😖

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:01

Hi TW, I may be wrong, as it is taking an age to find anything so not easy to follow the thread, but I am pretty sure that Cyber was being ironic.

After my post, that he quoted, you said some comments were 'shameful' and I presumed that this was Cybers way of drawing attention to that.

I am sure he will say if he disagrees and we should know that by abouit a week next Thursday the way CT is going today.

Tinwheeler replied on 08/06/2020 17:14

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:01 by allanandjean

Hi TW, I may be wrong, as it is taking an age to find anything so not easy to follow the thread, but I am pretty sure that Cyber was being ironic.

After my post, that he quoted, you said some comments were 'shameful' and I presumed that this was Cybers way of drawing attention to that.

I am sure he will say if he disagrees and we should know that by abouit a week next Thursday the way CT is going today.

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:14

I see it differently and that’s what matters to me. 

replied on 08/06/2020 17:24

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:01 by allanandjean

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:24

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 08/06/2020 17:25

Posted on 08/06/2020 15:47 by JVB66

When talking to some of the younger generation,  it seems ,they cannot understand what all the fuss is about ,when pointing out to them because they live away from areas of high population ,and very few it seems  , cases in this area , it seems as a result . ,does not mean they do not need take care,,but then it is the "older generation that is "advising"  what do we know? so its the raised eyebrows syndromeundecided

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:25

I think I have untangled this JB😁

I think folks from all generations have different view points and concerns. Our family network covers lots of generations, from newborns to 91 year olds, and they have all done their best in their own way to find out as much as they can about what’s going on, how to keep safe, the younger, fitter ones supporting the older more vulnerable ones in lots of different ways, the older ones giving the thanks and love for everything that is being done, a bit of financial support if required. I can’t say I have seen the younger generation being any less concerned then the older generation. Either locally or via the media.😉

Bakers2 replied on 08/06/2020 17:36

Posted on 08/06/2020 15:33 by brue

Hong Kong has a population of C. 7 million, NZ C. 4 .8 million, UK C 66 million all these countries have variations in population density. London alone has a C 8 million, twice that of NZ. It's impossible to compare countries, age and health demographics play a big part too.

It's not our fault we're dealing with such a deadly disease. Let's hope testing becomes more reliable and more widely available so that we can find out what is really happening, until then the risk is going to be out there for a long time. Stay safe.

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:36

Agreed we are a densely populated country, but if some measures had been taken earlier, learning lessons from other countries - some on our doorstep, who knows? Sadly we never will, so we are where we are.

But I think we did too little too late, unlocked very quickly, still trying to get tests, PPE sorted properly 😢. More interested in headlines/good news rather than substance. The quarantine is just more lip service as it stands. We do need to get the country moving financially but who knows where we're heading. Not to hell in a hand cart I hope!

We keep hearing how many tests are available but, touch wood we've not needed one, as you said trying to get one wasn't easy and you still got a message saying you might not get one and in fact you didn't succeed in the time frame😢. Yet no day have we taken up, from what I've seen and read, the full 200,000. So to me those not used should still be available in the system for later use?? Based on say a chicken laying 2 eggs a day but not both eaten daily there will be a surplus 🤣

Let's all do our level best to stay safe and well. Using our common sense 😉. 

Tinwheeler replied on 08/06/2020 17:43

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:24 by

I saw it as irony too and that's why I liked it. I am afraid irony  does not fare well on here .

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:43

Irony is great when done in good taste but not in the context of the appalling statements made yesterday. 

replied on 08/06/2020 17:46

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:43 by Tinwheeler

Irony is great when done in good taste but not in the context of the appalling statements made yesterday. 

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:46

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

KjellNN replied on 08/06/2020 17:58

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:25 by Takethedogalong

I think folks from all generations have different view points and concerns. Our family network covers lots of generations, from newborns to 91 year olds, and they have all done their best in their own way to find out as much as they can about what’s going on, how to keep safe, the younger, fitter ones supporting the older more vulnerable ones in lots of different ways, the older ones giving the thanks and love for everything that is being done, a bit of financial support if required. I can’t say I have seen the younger generation being any less concerned then the older generation. Either locally or via the media.😉

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:58

I think it is very variable.

DD and family, and DS and family are sticking to the rules, have hardly been out.  But DS's FIL has started visiting them, more than a 5 mile drive, and wants to come in the house, but has not been allowed further than the back door.

The other in-laws are not sticking to some of the rules re numbers meeting up

We are pretty much sticking to the rules but are going out once a week for shopping, I drive, OH shops.  In the shops she has found it is mainly the 15-40 year olds who are not bothering about keeping 2m apart.  But there are also a few very elderly who seem to have no idea there is a pandemic and are carrying on as usual.

Outside, we have large groups of teenagers gathering and roaming the shopping precinct.

On TV we see mainly young people and families out on beaches and in parks, but also elderly neighbours gathering at less than 2 m for a good chat.

JVB66 replied on 08/06/2020 18:13

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:25 by Takethedogalong

Posted on 08/06/2020 18:13

Oh dear wink wrong part of the country thensurprised

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook