Corona Virus Concerns

thebells replied on 06/04/2020 09:04

Posted on 06/04/2020 09:04

As the other (Stay or go) thread appears to be locked, I've started this one. There is no specific subject matter so hopefully everyone can continue to update others as to what's happening in their lives and areas. I live in the suburbs (but hope to move to rural Northumberland in next few years) and found it really illuminating to hear how those living in rural areas are being affected by issues such as tourists and lack of access to shops etc

Unlocked at 21.06

davetommo replied on 08/06/2020 18:28

Posted on 08/06/2020 11:34 by bsctmauchline

surly the only answer is total lock down 2 weeks no one out the home or come into the UK

after the weekend of marches the amount of trouble in London and Bristol they city's must be locked down if the virus rate goes up there and keep them there the police is to soft where is this no more than six people to be in one meeting

Posted on 08/06/2020 18:28

“after the weekend of marches the amount of trouble in London and Bristol they city's must be locked down if the virus rate goes up there and keep them there the police is to soft where is this no more than six people to be in one meeting”

Do you honestly think if the police tell these mobs to go home they will just disperse and go home

no one replied on 08/06/2020 19:32

Posted on 08/06/2020 19:32

Mr Hancock said today that the overall average of the R rate is less than one so there is no issues and the easing will carry on.

So obviously the Southwest and North West are not important in the grand scheme of things,

we will suffer while the rest of the country crack on.

Tinwheeler replied on 08/06/2020 19:34

Posted on 08/06/2020 19:32 by no one

Mr Hancock said today that the overall average of the R rate is less than one so there is no issues and the easing will carry on.

So obviously the Southwest and North West are not important in the grand scheme of things,

we will suffer while the rest of the country crack on.

Posted on 08/06/2020 19:34

Mmm, funny how it’s changed since yesterday. Still, if the Govt says so, it must be right😳

Fisherman replied on 08/06/2020 19:36

Posted on 08/06/2020 19:36

If the figures revealed today of the deaths are true, and no reason to believe otherwise perhaps we are getting on top of this disease. This despite the stupid action of some. As for the protests they were as we so often see taken over by the rent a mob and anarchist, looking for trouble. Lets hope the selfish actions wont put back the progress made and all of us can begin to get back to a normal life. Myself it seems my enforced lockdown is to be extended to August 18.Awating the letter from WAG.

cabbiemick replied on 08/06/2020 19:50

Posted on 08/06/2020 19:50

this is my first reply on the marches i drive round london all day and have been a cabbie for 34 years and i can tell anyone i have seen alot of demonstrations from poll tax , stop the war ,brexit but i have never seen such a peaceful march and the sorry on so many people faces you will always get idiots who are out to cause trouble it suits a lot of people in hgh places to call them a mob or thugs but i can tell you the majority on the march was good honest people on my way home from work yesterday in the pouring rain i saw a young girl on her own standing in the middle of the central resavation with a own made sandwich board with black lives matters on it so untill we have walked a mile in there shoes let stop atacking good honest peolple

cyberyacht replied on 08/06/2020 19:52

Posted on 08/06/2020 17:24 by

I saw it as irony too and that's why I liked it. I am afraid irony  does not fare well on here .

Posted on 08/06/2020 19:52

Unfortunately my approaching senility means I can't recall what I posted now. Clearly it seems to have caused umbrage somewhere.

Compo replied on 08/06/2020 20:33

Posted on 08/06/2020 20:33

Apparently different models can be used to determine the R number. You just use whichever model suits your purpose. I wouldn't trust any of them personally.

Tinwheeler replied on 08/06/2020 20:41

Posted on 08/06/2020 19:50 by cabbiemick

this is my first reply on the marches i drive round london all day and have been a cabbie for 34 years and i can tell anyone i have seen alot of demonstrations from poll tax , stop the war ,brexit but i have never seen such a peaceful march and the sorry on so many people faces you will always get idiots who are out to cause trouble it suits a lot of people in hgh places to call them a mob or thugs but i can tell you the majority on the march was good honest people on my way home from work yesterday in the pouring rain i saw a young girl on her own standing in the middle of the central resavation with a own made sandwich board with black lives matters on it so untill we have walked a mile in there shoes let stop atacking good honest peolple

Posted on 08/06/2020 20:41

A view from on the spot. Thanks, CM.

Compo replied on 08/06/2020 20:44

Posted on 08/06/2020 19:50 by cabbiemick

Posted on 08/06/2020 20:44

Yes, good honest people probably spreading the virus and breaking the coronavirus rules.

Takethedogalong replied on 08/06/2020 20:58

Posted on 08/06/2020 20:58

Just watching Channel 4 news. Report from rain forest in Brazil. Reporter says it’s easier and faster to get a C19 Test there, than to get one in UK.🤷‍♀️Indigenous communities looking after themselves, self isolating as families, caring for each other. Very interesting report.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook