Snagging List

cyberyacht replied on 05/01/2017 08:59

Posted on 05/01/2017 08:59

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

This thread is not for discussions. Post ONLY factual information.

To provide a comprehensive list of problems encountered, I would suggest that each post lists only one issue at a time.

Provide details of problem  as concisely as possible.

Operating system, machine used and relevant software. i.e. Macbook/ PC/tablet, Windows XP/ iOS7 etc, Safari/Internet Explorer/Chrome inc version No.

Please do not enter into discussions such as "I've had/not had this problem" as this will detract from the objectivity of the thread. Hopefully this thread may assist the IT department in finding where "all the bodies are buried".

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

Wherenext replied on 27/12/2020 12:33

Posted on 27/12/2020 12:33

I notice that a thread has either been Deleted User by the powers that be or has disappeared all by itself. There was a thread running in the Club Membership section about Renewal or not of said membership. I can't understand it if it has been deliberately pulled as the majority of posters were understanding of the clubs approach.

So what has happened to it?🤔

DavidKlyne replied on 27/12/2020 14:44

Posted on 27/12/2020 12:33 by Wherenext

I notice that a thread has either been deleted by the powers that be or has disappeared all by itself. There was a thread running in the Club Membership section about Renewal or not of said membership. I can't understand it if it has been deliberately pulled as the majority of posters were understanding of the clubs approach.

So what has happened to it?🤔

Posted on 27/12/2020 14:44

Unfortunately it descended into bickering between certain members and going completely off topic so no point in leaving it visible. Even if we delete the offending posts it still leaves the most recent pages devoid of content so no point leaving it there. When I logged on this morning I wasn't surprised to see that it had been closed as it was certainly heading that way yesterday evening!

David

Tinwheeler replied on 27/12/2020 14:53

Posted on 27/12/2020 14:53

May I suggest, David, that Rowena has an excellent solution to this issue in that when she locks a thread, she gives an explanation as to why along with a comment that the thread will be hidden later? It leaves people in no doubt as to what has happened. 

May I add that I'm surprised you didn't issue a warning yesterday evening if you thought the thread was going off the rails? Prevention being better than cure.

peedee replied on 27/12/2020 14:59

Posted on 27/12/2020 14:59

It might be the season of goodwill but is it possible to suspend posters from CT without effecting further site access because it is about time frequent offenders got sent to jail. Time and time again I see the same posters having content Deleted User. I have no idea even if they receive warnings but if they do, it seems to have little effect. Time to introduce suspensions perhaps initially for a set time period followed by permanecy for further transgressions.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 27/12/2020 15:18

Posted on 27/12/2020 15:18

It's all covered in the Guidelines/T&Cs, PD. Remember though that you have no way of judging a poster's culpability based purely on "content has been removed". 

Tinwheeler replied on 27/12/2020 15:35

Posted on 27/12/2020 15:31 by peedee

Well what every the T&C say, they don't appear to be very effective.

peedee

Posted on 27/12/2020 15:35

They can only be effective if enforced, PD. Some are, some aren't.

Cornersteady replied on 27/12/2020 16:22

Posted on 27/12/2020 14:59 by peedee

It might be the season of goodwill but is it possible to suspend posters from CT without effecting further site access because it is about time frequent offenders got sent to jail. Time and time again I see the same posters having content deleted. I have no idea even if they receive warnings but if they do, it seems to have little effect. Time to introduce suspensions perhaps initially for a set time period followed by permanecy for further transgressions.

peedee

Posted on 27/12/2020 16:22

well except that many times post are removed because they are simply off topic, and this often applies to your posts as well. 

Cornersteady replied on 27/12/2020 16:24

Posted on 27/12/2020 14:44 by DavidKlyne

Unfortunately it descended into bickering between certain members and going completely off topic so no point in leaving it visible. Even if we delete the offending posts it still leaves the most recent pages devoid of content so no point leaving it there. When I logged on this morning I wasn't surprised to see that it had been closed as it was certainly heading that way yesterday evening!

David

Posted on 27/12/2020 16:24

If you thought it was going that way yesterday evening, why did you not, as other mods do, issue a warning rather than let it carry on?

LLM replied on 27/12/2020 16:29

Posted on 12/12/2020 08:17 by cyberyacht

I see that, according to the listings, there have been no posts on the "Towcars & Towing" section since Christmas Eve. I wonder of the site will work properly after Brexit. wink

Posted on 27/12/2020 16:29

Brexit took place at the beginning of 2020 so I guess the answer is no.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook