2022 great savings guide

brue replied on 03/02/2022 09:53

Posted on 03/02/2022 09:53

I like the idea that more concessions can be added by the club as the year progresses, so although I'll miss the paper booklet I think it's a sensible move.

DavidKlyne replied on 03/02/2022 09:55

Posted on 03/02/2022 09:55

Going by what Rowena has explained, even if they had produced a printed version it would have been far from complete so it is possible it would on only been of limited use and would probably need several reprints to keep it up to date. Also what I don't understand about the possibility of not having internet access surely there is an element of pre planning when people go away on trips and much research can be done before you go? That equally applies to pricing. 

On an associated topic I noticed that the choice of Tesco Club Card venues has been reduced due to COVID so its not only the Club that are having difficulties finding partners.

David

ADP1963 replied on 03/02/2022 10:39

Posted on 03/02/2022 10:39

DK

I know of 2 couples that are CMC members and do not and will not use the internet under any circumstances. Whilst the club will not change their ways for such what I presume is a small minority, nevertheless these members exist. 

EmilysDad replied on 03/02/2022 12:32

Posted on 03/02/2022 11:55 by Burgundy

Not everyone has a computer, or even smart phone for various reasons. 

Posted on 03/02/2022 12:32

they must be a very small minority ..... 

JVB66 replied on 03/02/2022 12:39

Posted on 03/02/2022 12:32 by EmilysDad

they must be a very small minority ..... 

Posted on 03/02/2022 12:39

Depends on the age group? and as it seems it is the silver haired  age group that keep sites going off peak?

As said on rip off Britain this morning ,With the switch to digital phone lines by BT ,in the next few years ,unless you have a mobile phone as well, a power cut will leave many people cut off, especially the elderly, population which is getting bigger

DavidKlyne replied on 03/02/2022 12:45

Posted on 03/02/2022 10:39 by ADP1963

DK

I know of 2 couples that are CMC members and do not and will not use the internet under any circumstances. Whilst the club will not change their ways for such what I presume is a small minority, nevertheless these members exist. 

Posted on 03/02/2022 12:45

ADP

It is a fact of life that more and more of the everyday things we do are now online and life for those, who refuse to use the internet, will get more and more difficult and in some cases more costly. I can't imagine a world without the internet now. Do you know the reason for their unwillingness, is it a lack of understanding or trust? I don't know where this reluctance comes from. I am in my mid seventies and have been retired about 15 years now but when I was working computers were part of everyday life.  

David

SteveL replied on 03/02/2022 14:04

Posted on 03/02/2022 12:39 by JVB66

Depends on the age group? and as it seems it is the silver haired  age group that keep sites going off peak?

As said on rip off Britain this morning ,With the switch to digital phone lines by BT ,in the next few years ,unless you have a mobile phone as well, a power cut will leave many people cut off, especially the elderly, population which is getting bigger

Posted on 03/02/2022 14:04

I couldn’t understand how a mobile was necessarily going to be much use. When we had a power cut a bit back it was large enough to knock out the cell towers as well. Land line still worked though.😀 However, I suppose in most cases there will be a cell tower in range. We didn’t get a phone until I was in my teens, although  there were phone boxes back then. The change is designed to improve things overall and keep costs down. I guess it’s  something we will have to get used to.

EmilysDad replied on 03/02/2022 14:14

Posted on 03/02/2022 12:39 by JVB66

Posted on 03/02/2022 14:14

My Dad is 84 ... he uses the web at home and on his mobile which he's had for the best part of 30 years. So age isn't a barrier to living in the modern world. IMHO it's very short sighted to ignore the web completely ..... it's not going to go away.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook