2022 great savings guide

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 03/02/2022 16:15

Posted on 03/02/2022 15:40 by SteveL

It seems that the vouchers aren’t specific to the venue. I think that this has also been the case in previous years. You could print off an appropriate number before you leave.

Posted on 03/02/2022 16:15

Or a screen shot👍🏻

SteveL replied on 03/02/2022 17:05

Posted on 03/02/2022 16:15 by Rocky 2 buckets

Or a screen shot👍🏻

Posted on 03/02/2022 17:05

I don't know about this year but in the past some places we have visited have specified that it must be a physical voucher. I suppose so they've got something to put in the till to explain the discount.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/02/2022 20:11

Posted on 03/02/2022 15:38 by DavidKlyne

Quite so, if you need printed vouchers to take advantage of any of the offers you have to pre plan by printing them at home before you leave. I did once buy a cheap printer to take away on our then long trips to Europe but quite honestly it wasn't really worth it, its probably still cluttering up some cupboard in the house somewhere!!! There are now some nice printers that are quite compact but they tend to be very expensive compared to home printers. Many venues only need the offer code so easy enough to note down before you leave or show it on a Smart Phone.

David

Posted on 03/02/2022 20:11

But some of us don't have a printer at home as it wouldn't get used enough for it to be of any value. We also tour for weeks in end not to a set pattern so don't exactly know where we might be from one week to another so having vouchers in a booklet would allow us to have a ready access to those appropriate to our location.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 03/02/2022 20:29

Posted on 03/02/2022 17:05 by SteveL

I don't know about this year but in the past some places we have visited have specified that it must be a physical voucher. I suppose so they've got something to put in the till to explain the discount.

Posted on 03/02/2022 20:29

It’s the 21st century & some keep moving backwards🤦🏻‍♂️

DavidKlyne replied on 03/02/2022 20:33

Posted on 03/02/2022 20:33

Nellie

Having randomly looked through a selection of the offers in the link provided by Brue it seems for  the majority of the offers you have to download the vouchers so I imagine a printer would be essential with the current system. Some of them you can just download a code which you could either note down or show on your phone. Increasingly this will be the way that such offers will work. Whether they revert to a printed book might depend on how successful the current presentation of the offers works but increasingly, I imagine, we will see less and less paper products produced.

David

nelliethehooker replied on 03/02/2022 20:36

Posted on 03/02/2022 20:33 by DavidKlyne

Nellie

Having randomly looked through a selection of the offers in the link provided by Brue it seems for  the majority of the offers you have to download the vouchers so I imagine a printer would be essential with the current system. Some of them you can just download a code which you could either note down or show on your phone. Increasingly this will be the way that such offers will work. Whether they revert to a printed book might depend on how successful the current presentation of the offers works but increasingly, I imagine, we will see less and less paper products produced.

David

Posted on 03/02/2022 20:36

frown

brue replied on 04/02/2022 08:37

Posted on 04/02/2022 08:37

I've just tested three venues for Devon, two with 15% off and another with 20% off. Two required pre-bookings using a downloaded code and the third a downloaded voucher. I would think the majority of members now have some sort of digital access and printer's aren't needed, vouchers and tickets can be shown on a phone.

No doubt there will be some without access and previously they could ask for the booklet via a phone call but everyone else will be able to manage the discounts on a smart phone.

allanandjean replied on 04/02/2022 09:09

Posted on 03/02/2022 17:05 by SteveL

Posted on 04/02/2022 09:09

Last summer we were staying in the Lakes and booked tickets online for a trip on the Ullswater Steamer.

The instructions said to print your ticket, which clarly we could not do, but on arrival the staff said that was not necessary-they had no answer to my question as to why they still stated that in the conditions.

Lyke Wake Man replied on 11/03/2022 22:04

Posted on 03/02/2022 09:47 by SteveL

I personally think too much is made of lack of internet connection. There can’t be many places in the UK where internet access either mobile or hot spot can’t be achieved with a minimal journey. I noted on the latest update of O2’s coverage checker that it is now even available at Altnaharra. In the case of this latest addition of the great savings guide, it makes every sort of sense not to publish a hard copy when it is still being compiled. Hopefully in the near future  they will also offer a fully digital membership like the C&CC, who have just taken £14 less on the direct debit than this club.

Posted on 11/03/2022 22:04

NOT everyone is on monthly contract with internet  included, anyone like me who is retired and at home most of the day may have pay as you go =NO internet from your mobile

Tinwheeler replied on 11/03/2022 22:23

Posted on 11/03/2022 22:04 by Lyke Wake Man

NOT everyone is on monthly contract with internet  included, anyone like me who is retired and at home most of the day may have pay as you go =NO internet from your mobile

Posted on 11/03/2022 22:23

You can have mobile data with pay & go and I did that for years until I saw the light. Now I pay £8 p/m for a package which gives me 10gb of data and unlimited calls/texts. (Cheaper deals are available.) I find it’s well worth it despite being retired and at home most of the time.

If we have a use for the data, as Steve described, then we do it but the decision to pay a small sum to gain convenience is entirely yours.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook