How to thrive on a non 240v site!

Merve replied on 16/01/2017 17:56

Posted on 16/01/2017 17:56

Due to difficulties migrating the original thread, which was massively interesting and popular with members, I am starting another one until the original can be found and  migrated to the Forum.  I apologise to the original OP but I think this is far too important not to be available. Personally, I think, because of the massive moves in technology recently, this subject should have a section by itself. I don't suppose the CC would think about that? So, anything about Solar Panels, LED lighting, Inverters, Safefill even. Anything that assists the caravanners to go off grid in fact - and saves money!!

young thomas replied on 18/01/2017 19:15

Posted on 18/01/2017 13:22 by peedee

That was the system I had in my last motorhome but with a calorlite as standby. I currently have a double 11Kgm Gaslow sytem. Iif gas starts to get scarce in the UK then I will just replace one of the re-fillable with a standard bottle.  Currently my local garage still sells it. Where did you get the Spanish jumbo adaptor and is it for use with the butane tail?

peedee

Posted on 18/01/2017 19:15

Hi PD (are you ok with the abbreviated form...?)

here is a link to the gaslow version at £15 which, as you suggest' screws directly onto a butane pigtail, hence the simplicity of the system.

like you, for the uk i have a local Countrywide Farmers depot only a mile or so away, bit for all trips south and east, i pass a filling station with very cheap LPG....

peedee replied on 18/01/2017 19:34

Posted on 18/01/2017 19:34

Thanks BB, no problem with PD, better than some names I have been called. laughing  In the Scouts my camping mug and plate had those initials stenciled on their underside and I got referred to as Pig Dish.

peedee

MJ730 replied on 20/01/2017 13:46

Posted on 20/01/2017 13:46

For the benefit of those,who like me,have had trouble filling Safefill cylinders due to the plastic shield fitted to pumps fear not.I had a call yesterday from them after querying the problem and a solution  is on the way in the form of an extension piece.As soon as they let me know when it's available I'll pass it on.

Mike

Merve replied on 22/01/2017 20:04

Posted on 20/01/2017 13:46 by MJ730

For the benefit of those,who like me,have had trouble filling Safefill cylinders due to the plastic shield fitted to pumps fear not.I had a call yesterday from them after querying the problem and a solution  is on the way in the form of an extension piece.As soon as they let me know when it's available I'll pass it on.

Mike

Posted on 22/01/2017 20:04

Yes MJ I had a feeling that there was a piece of kit to overcome the problem. Look forward to hearing from you.

Merve replied on 23/01/2017 18:08

Posted on 23/01/2017 18:08

I would like to fit permanent USB sockets on my 'van. I know I can get the 12v plug ins but I would prefer to have fitted USB sockets so that the 12v sockets can be used for other things.  Not the type you can buy integrated into a 240v socket, but a stand alone socket that you can actually fit next to the sockets already on the van. I'd like to have a couple up front and a couple down near the bed. Does anyone know if these things exist? I have searched but cant  find them. 

triky auto replied on 23/01/2017 18:50

Posted on 23/01/2017 18:08 by Merve

I would like to fit permanent USB sockets on my 'van. I know I can get the 12v plug ins but I would prefer to have fitted USB sockets so that the 12v sockets can be used for other things.  Not the type you can buy integrated into a 240v socket, but a stand alone socket that you can actually fit next to the sockets already on the van. I'd like to have a couple up front and a couple down near the bed. Does anyone know if these things exist? I have searched but cant  find them. 

Posted on 23/01/2017 18:50

undecided Have you looked at " Maplin" or " City Electrical"  ?? 

Pippah45 replied on 24/01/2017 14:15

Posted on 24/01/2017 14:15

If you can't find what you want - perhaps another bank of 12v sockets with USB adaptors?  The ones I have are pretty el cheapo. 

MJ730 replied on 24/01/2017 14:19

Posted on 24/01/2017 14:19

Have a look at this website and just type in usb in their search box and it brings up a couple of different types.Not cheap but still.

http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/

Mike

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook