Types of cover

New policy additions for 2018

  • Annual Motoring and Personal Plus policy to now include all holiday types - such as flights
  • Breakdown of vehicle up to 48 hours prior to trip (previously on day of departure)
  • Medical Expenses limit
    • Personal policy will increase from £5m to £10m
    • Motoring and Personal Standard cover will increase from £2m to £5m and Plus cover from £4m to £10m
  • Long Stay has been revised to include two new trip durations of 275 and 365 days

Information - Not a member?

Our insurance products are only available to members of the Caravan and Motorhome Club. If you're not a member yet, we can still supply you with a quote which you can take up once you join. 

Top questions

What is Red Pennant?

Red Pennant is the Club's overseas travel insurance service and is designed to consider the needs of the caravanner, motorhomer and trailer tent owner in trouble abroad.

I want to travel outside the EU, is my insurance policy still valid?

It is important to make sure that your policies provide adequate cover for your purposes. If you want to travel outside of the European Union or Associated Countries you will need to obtain an International Certificate of Motor Insurance, also known as a 'Green Card'.

What happens if I'm involved in an accident abroad?

If you are involved in an accident or breakdown whilst on the continent which requires you to leave the motorhome, car and/or caravan there, you must ensure that your normal insurance cover is maintained for the period that they remain on the continent and for the journey back to your home address.

You should remove all items of baggage and personal effects before leaving. If this is not possible, arrange for your insurance company to hold covered whatever items remain. You must remove any valuables and items which might attract Customs Duty, including wines and spirits.

Who is included in a single policy?

Everyone in the vehicle must be added, even if their time on the trip is different.

See more

Comparison of cover table