Handpicked campsites in South West England
The South West of England is home to dramatic coastal scenery, stunning beaches and an ongoing debate as to whether jam or cream belong first on a scone. Visit Devon and Cornwall for Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, fossil cliffs and wonderful wildlife. Explore 8,000 miles of road in Devon or 433 miles of coastline in Cornwall, plus medieval towns and award-winning eateries. Enjoy all this and more from the comfort of some of our handpicked caravan sites in South West England and make the most of these stunning counties.
Putts Corner Club Site, Sidmouth, Devon
East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Putts Corner Caravan Club Site
Go alpaca trekking with Bearstead Alpacas
Top attractions near Putts Corner
Visit Putts Corner Caravan Club Site and get close to wildlife in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Spend an hour or two alpaca trekking with Bearhouse Alpacas
- Visit the donkey sanctuary at Slade House Farm
- Take a walk and explore the local area in the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Head to Jump This in Honiton for an adrenaline-filled skydiving experience
Don't forget to visit the Great Savings Guide for discounts on attractions near Putts Corner.
Steamer Quay Club Site, Totnes, Devon
What to do near Steamer Quay
Set on the banks of the River Dart, Steamer Quay Caravan Club Site is surrounded by things to do.
- Visit the ruins of the allegedly haunted Berry Pomeroy Castle
- Head to Sharpham Vineyard for frequent tours and wine tastings
- Enjoy long coastal walks around Torbay and the South Hams areas of Devon and Dartmoor
- If you’re up for a challenge, visit spooky sea caves and dramatic cliffs with Rock Solid Coasteering
Don't forget to visit the Great Savings Guide for discounts on attractions near Steamer Quay.
Steamer Quay Caravan Club Site
Get up close with the coast with Rock Solid Coasteering
"The award winning 'Round Robin' is a must, the all day excursion combines a cruise along the River Dart, Steam Train ride and open top bus journey, taking in the towns of Dartmouth and Paignton (with an option to disembark at Greenway - the summer residence of Agatha Christie)."
Start Bay Club Site, Kingsbridge, Devon
Start Bay Caravan Club Site
Things to do near Start Bay
If you’re staying on Start Bay Caravan Club Site, you’ll have plenty to do in the surrounding area.
- Take a trip to Dartmouth Castle, one of the most picturesquely sited fortresses in England
- Take the family to Woodlands Theme Park; the largest theme park in Devon, boasting both indoor and outdoor attractions and rides for all the family
- For a quieter day out, there are plenty of coastal walking and cycling routes in the local area to explore
- Visit the dog-friendly beach Slapton Sands, just a 15 minute walk from site
Don't forget to visit the for discounts on attractions near Start Bay.
"If you love a trip to the pub, we are spoilt for choice here - with four local pubs, three of which are within walking distance."
Looe Club Site, Looe, Cornwall
Top attractions in Looe
Experience a great family day out from Looe Caravan Club Site, with National Trust properties and wildlife spotting.
- Visit the Wild Futures Monkey Sanctuary and enjoy the wildlife gardens and workshops, as well as discovering all types of monkeys
- Around 40 minutes from site is Cotehele National Trust property, which has 1300 acres to explore with picturesque views and gardens for all the seasons
- Head to Hannafore Point in West Looe for stunning natural beauty on the coast and get up close with sea creatures
Don't forget to visit the Great Savings Guide for discounts on attractions near Looe.
Cotehele National Trust property
Looe Caravan Club Site
Wild Futures Monkey Sanctuary
Merrose Farm Club Site, Truro, Cornwall
The Eden Project
Merrose Farm Caravan Club Site
Attractions from Merrose Farm
Stay at Merrose Farm Caravan Club Site for stunning views, easy access to beautiful coves and coastal walks in the surrounding countryside.
- The site is a 15 minute walk from the coastal path and is perfect for kayaking, snorkeling and sea fishing
- Around 40 minutes from site is the Eden Project, an eco park which holds events for all the family throughout the year
- Take a trip to Falmouth. It’s a short ferry ride from St Mawes, which is easily accessible by bus
- Trelissick Garden is one of many National Trust properties nearby and is a scenic estate with floral gardens and a riverside woodland walk
Don't forget to visit the Great Savings Guide for discounts on attractions near Merrose Farm.
"If you're visiting later on in the year, head down for the popular Falmouth Oyster festival (11th-14th October)."
Trewethett Farm Club Site, Tintagel, Cornwall
Attractions near Trewethett Farm
Add a touch of magic to your stay at Trewethett Farm Caravan Club Site with plenty of fun for all the family.
- Start with a day out to Tintagel Castle which is steeped in legend and mystery, set high on the rugged North Cornwall coast
- Merlin’s Cave (the alleged birthplace of King Arthur) is also nearby for further exploring
- Take a trip to the Museum of Witchcraft and Magic, not just for Harry Potter enthusiasts, the museum holds entertaining and educational exhibitions
- Visit Padstow for a family day out and get involved with a Murder Mystery themed Treasure Trail
Don't forget to visit the Great Savings Guide for discounts on attractions near Trewethett Farm.
Trewethett Caravan Club Site
Ruins of Tintagel Castle
"For spectacular sights and scenery we highly recommend spending a day exploring Boscastle, Tintagel and Port Issac - filming location of Doc Martin."
Willingcott Club Site, Woolacombe, Devon
Our #SouthWestBest competition winner - The Lynton & Lynmouth Cliff Railway in Devon, taken by John Wilson, Club member.
Woolacombe Beach, Devon
Willingcott Caravan Club Site
Cheetah, Exmoor Zoo
What to do near Willingcott
Willingcott Caravan Club Site is near to plenty of beaches and family attractions.
- Budding paleontologists will love Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park, home to the UK’s only full size animatronic Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Keen surfers should head to nearby Woolacombe, two-time winner of Tripadvisor's 'Best Beach in the UK' award
- Head to Exmoor Zoo to see a range of exciting animals, from wild birds to the elusive 'Exmoor Beast'
- For beautiful gardens, a historic house and interesting collections, visit the National Trust property Arlington Court
Don't forget to visit the Great Savings Guide for discounts on attractions near Willingcott.
"Take a day trip to the cobbled streets of Clovelly village. If you're visiting in August then there is a fun lifeboat weekend running 4-5 August 2018. "
Stover Club Site, Newton Abbot, Devon
Attractions near Stover Club Site
Stover Caravan Club Site is perfectly located for outdoor exploring, near to Dartmoor National Park.
- Take a trip to Kent's Cavern Prehistoric Caves, situated in the UNESCO English Riviera Global Geopark
- Dartmoor National Park is the wildest area of open country in Southern England, with over 368 square miles of moorland, forest and woodland to explore
- Practice your putting at Stover Golf Course which is directly opposite the site and offers a reduced rate to Club members
- Visit the 114 acre Stover Country Park and nature reserve within the former grounds of Stover House for walking and regular events
Don't forget to visit the Great Savings Guide for discounts on attractions near Stover.
Dartmoor National Park
Stover Caravan Club Site
Stover Country Park and Nature Reserve