Shingle Hall Farm
St Mary's Road, St Mary in the Marsh, Kent, TN29 0BSView on map
Why stay here ...
This quiet, rural, adults only site is surrounded by farmland on Romney Marsh, Kent. Pets are welcome. It is a large, well-maintained, flat, gated paddock with five electrical hook ups. There is ample space for awnings etc. There are several good village pubs within walking distance. Access from the New Romney or Dymchurch (A259) is excellent and is our recommended route.
The site is within two miles of beautiful, sandy beaches. There are various small supermarkets also within two miles of the site. Ashford and Folkestone both offer larger supermarkets and shops and are a 20 minutes drive, alternatively take a ride on the little train from St Mary's Bay (1.5 miles) to Hythe for other larger supermarkets and a mooch around the small, independent shops or take a leisurely stroll along the Royal Military Canal.
We have our own small flock of ducks and gees and sell uptra-fresh, zero food mile eggs to visitors.
Romney Marsh is a flat, sparsely populated, wetland area. It covers about 100 square miles (260 km2). The history and topography of the area is fascinating and many visitors have realised they needed more time to explore.
David and Susan who have lived in the area for over 25 years and would be happy to assist you to ensure you get the maximum enjoyment from your stay at Shingle Hall Farm. They are avid and experienced caravan and motorhome owners.
Visitors come to this area for numerous reasons and to list but a few:
- Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway (1.5 miles)
- Sea fishing at Dungeness (8.5 miles)
- RSPB Nature Reserve Dungeness (8.5 miles)
- Port Lympne Zoo (8 miles)
- Dover Castle (22 miles)
- Our sunrise and sunsets are legendry
- Quiet country lanes excellent for cycling or walking
- Many footpaths and byways to explore
- Photograph, draw or paint our wonderful landscape with its unusual churches and far-reaching views
- Peace and tranquility
- Walk or cycle the England Coast Path around Romney Marsh
Electric amperage: 16
Log in to write a review