King's Lynn Certificated Locations
King's Lynn is a town with a long history, known as Bishop's Lynn until 1537 and a Hanseatic east coast sea port based on the estuary of the Great River Ouse as it flows into the Wash.
People who like historic buildings will love King's Lynn, with highlights including various merchants' houses, the Custom House, a warehouse that is the only surviving Hanseatic building in England, and St Margaret's Church, the latter being designated a minster in 2011. The Hanse Tour offers a self-guided walk around the town.
Daniel Defoe was a noted visitor to the town and in St Nicholas's Chapel there is a grave stone belonging to a certain 'Robinson Crusoe'.