Welcome to the Royal Seat of the Kings of Northumbria, this spectacular castle overlooks the Farne Islands and vast beac...View and Book
Spindlestone, Belford, Northumberland, NE70 7EDView on map
Why stay here ...
Our Hideaway Site is perfect for adults looking for a tranquil spot to use as a base for exploring the beautiful coastline and countryside of North Northumberland.
Surrounded by open farmland, the only sounds which will awaken you in the morning are those of the sheep and the birds (and perhaps the occasional tractor!)
Take a stroll down the hill and you can stop a while by the Waren Burn where, if you are lucky, you may spot a Kingfisher or even an Otter! The hamlet of Spindlestone is a haven for wildlife, with roe deer, badger, fox and hare all regular visitors. Take a stroll up through the farm to the Hide at the Barrack Wood; nature lovers will appreciate both the wildlife and the solitude. The Bamburgh Bee Company operates just down the hill where Honey is available for sale from our own Bees! The amazing white sands of Budle Bay are a 5 minute drive; stunning scenery and part of the Lindisfarne Nature Reserve. A further three minute drive down the coast brings you to Bamburgh and another stunning beach shadowed by its historic Castle.
The site comprises a grass paddock with a hard surfaced roadway. Each pitch extends to 10m x 10m grass, dedicated electrical hook-up and communal drinking water. Chemical waste disposal point.
Good 4G mobile phone network coverage. Please note that we do not offer electric car charging. The nearest electric car charging facility is at Adderstone Services on the A1 (3.8 miles).
- Close to – on the Coast – Budle Bay (1.6 miles), Bamburgh Village, beach and Castle (2.9 miles), Holy Island (13.5 miles), Seahouses (6.4 miles), Berwick upon Tweed (17.1 miles).
- Close to – in the Countryside – Chillingham Castle & Wild Cattle (10.2 miles), St Cuthbert’s Cave (9.3 miles), Northumberland National Park & The Cheviots (15.6 miles), Alnwick Castle & Gardens, Historic town (16.2 miles).
- Belford village (3 miles) – Co-op & Post Office, Cash machine, Pubs, Fish & Chip Shop.
- Bamburgh village (2.9 miles) – great restaurants (book well in advance for the Potted Lobster!), Pubs, Gift Shops.
- Seahouses (6.4 miles) – variety of shops, food outlets and Pubs, Bank, working Harbour, Farne Island Boat trips.
Latest arrival time: 6:00 PM
Latest departure time: 11:00 AM
Some sloping pitches
Levelling blocks required
Electric amperage: 16
Great savings on days out
Offers available to Club members
Log in to write a review