Gilsland, Brampton, Northumberland, CA8 7ELView on map
Why stay here ...
Our CL is situated in the heart of Roman Wall Country on the Northumberland/Cumbria border. Adults, children and pets are all welcome.
The site is made up of grass pitches, which are well maintained on mixed flat and slightly sloping ground. Electric hook-ups, waste disposal, recycling and fresh water are all available (awnings are also welcome). While here you can enjoy the wonderful dark skies.
You are within 50 miles of many wonderful attractions including:
- The Hadrian's Wall Path (0.5 miles)
- Roman Army Museum (2 miles)
- Birdoswald Roman Fort (3 miles)
- Vindolanda (9 miles)
- Housestead's Roman Fort (10 miles)
- Chester's Roman Fort and Museum (18 miles)
- Walltown Quarry Country Park (2 miles)
- Talkin Tarn Country Park (10 miles)
- Walby Farm Park (17 miles)
- Keilder Water and Forest Park (45 miles)
- Lake District National Park (47 miles)
- Thirlwall Castle (1 mile)
- Featherstone Castle (5 miles)
- Carlisle Castle (18 miles)
- Hermitage Castle (30 miles)
- Lanercost Priory (7 miles)
- Bewcastle Church and Bewcastle Cross (12 miles)
- Carlisle Cathedral (20 miles)
- Hexham Abbey (21 miles)
- Solway Aviation Museum (14 miles)
- South Tynedale Railway (16 miles)
- Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery (19 miles)
- National Trust - Cragside (46 miles)
- National Trust - Wallington (48 miles)
Latest arrival time: 10:00 PM
Latest departure time: 3:00 PM
Some sloping pitches
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- CA8 7EL
- Lat 54.991441 / Lon -2.553123
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Carlisle, Brampton, Haltwhistle, Hexham, Corbridge, Newcastle
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest port: Newcastle (50 miles)
- Nearest train station: Haltwhistle
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review
We stayed here for a week in the middle of Sep and we thoroughly enjoyed it,
The site is sloping so be prepared for it, the owner has some blocks you can use beside the bin area. Only met the owner once and that was on arrival, very friendly and full of tips to get us out and about. I can imagine some finding this CL a bit out of the way but it suited us down to the ground. Not too far away from civilisation but far enough to enjoy the peace and quiet.
We were there for a week and we found loads to do nearby, spending quite a lot of our time walking long Hadirains Wall.
I recommend you take the short drive up to Walltown Craggs to watch the sunset it was stunning. This was perfect for us and it seemed it was a favourite of a few others, it was full all the time we were there. I would definitely consider a return without hesitation.
P.S. When it gets dark, take a step outside and look up. On a clear night the Milky Way is very clear and the display of stars is breathtaking.