With over 70 state of the art shooting ranges, National Archery is by far the UK and Ireland's largest Archery provider ...View and Book
The Old Vicarage
Park Lane, Elkesley, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 8ASView on map
Why stay here ...
The Old Vicarage is a 17th-century house in a small village conveniently located just off the A1, 6 miles from Worksop and 25 miles from Nottingham. Pitches are located around the grounds, which run down to the banks of the Poulter.
There's plenty of space around the site for traditional outdoor activities, with a rope swing and stepping stones over the shallow river and a bridge that's perfect for playing Pooh Sticks. In the surrounding area there are animal parks and nature reserved to walk around, or you could follow one of the trails in the historic Sherwood Forest.
Guest facilities on the site centre around the Cave Bar, at the foot of an exposure of 500 million year old sandstone, and with a chillout room, TV room and games to play open Bank Holidays.
Other amenities include a washing-up area and bathrooms with showers, toilets and baby changing facilities. Family friendly. Groups welcome. Barbecues, campfires & dogs allowed. Recycling available. Free WiFi. Ice pack freezing. Parent & baby washroom and disabled facilities. Grass pitches. Electric hook ups available.
Twin Axle vehicle onwers please speak to owner at time of booking and note the length restriction.
Please keep to the left and approach the CL slowly. Please note that motor movers are advisable for caravans.
Nearby attractions and activities include:
- Golf course: 3 miles
- Clumber Park (National Trust-owned country park): 5 miles
- Idle Valley Nature Reserve: 6 miles
- Walking and birdwatching in Sherwood Forest: 7 miles
- Wetlands Animal Park: 8 miles
- Creswell Crags Museum and Heritage Centre (archaeological museum in a limestone gorge): 10 miles
- Sundown Adventureland: 10 miles
- Lace Market, Nottingham Comtemporary Art Gallery and Nottingham Castle: 25 miles
- Sherwood Forest and The Major Oak
- Bolsover Castle
- Thoresby Park
- Rufford Park
- Hardwick Hall - Bess of Hardwick
- Newstead Abbey - one home of the poet Lord Byron
- Nottingham City can be reached by train on the Robin Hood Line at Whaley Thorns station which is within walking distance.
- Newark, with its antique shops - and time your visit to coincide with one of the Newark Antique Fairs (or visit Hemswell Antique Centre)
- Chesterfield with its Crooked Spire.
- Canoeing/kayaking, climbing, cycle hire, cycling, fishing, golf, horse riding, indoor pool, leisure/theme park, mountain biking, restaurant, sailing, tennis, watersports.
- Bar, farmers' market, public transport, shop.
Latest arrival time: 8:00 PM
Latest departure time: 12:00 PM
Electric amperage: 16
Great savings on days out
Offers available to Club members
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- DN22 8AS
- Lat 53.27236 / Lon -0.964153
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Retford
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest train station: Retford
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review