Epwell, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX15 6LRView on map
Why stay here ...
Crofts Barn is the ideal location to explore the most northerly point of the Cotswolds AONB. We are a nonworking small holding with a variety of family pets, alpacas, donkeys, hens, a horse and dogs. From our pitches you will undoubtedly take pleasure in the fabulous scenery and birds that will feed from the many feeders situated around the site.
- Well mown pitches
- Private individual pitches
- All pitches serviced (grey waste point & water)
- EHU (centrally located)
- Centrally heated shower/wc room
- Scenic views
- Abundant wildlife (Great spotted woodpeckers, Green Woodpeckers, Red Kite, Fallow Deer, Badgers and Foxes)
- Secure gated access
- Owners available on site
- Information centre
- Fresh eggs
- Lak's Thai Kitchen - home cooked Thai food delivered to you
- Visit our website for more information.
We offer books and maps on local walks (available to borrow) taking in local (dog friendly) village pubs. There are also plenty of local pubs and restaurants to visit in the area, we have menus to view along with trip advisor reviews.
Apart from admiring the scenery and watching wildlife there is plenty to do nearby that will cater for all taste. Explore neighbouring Cotswold villages such as the Venice of the Cotswolds - Bourton on the Water.
Local Market towns include Banbury, Burford, Chipping Norton, Chipping Campden, Moreton in Marsh, Shipston on Stour, Stow on the Wold, Witney, Wichcombe, Woodstock.
Visit local National Trust properties such as Upton House, Farnborough Hall, Chastleton House, Snowshill Manor. Why not take in a play at the RSC in Stratford Upon Avon or visit Anne Hathaway's cottage or William Shakespeare birthplace trust.
Film & TV Locations
- Lark Rise to Candelford - Chavenage House was the setting for 'Lark Rise to Candleford' the great British drama set in the 19th century.
- Poldark - BBC's remake of Poldark, the romantic saga set in 18th century Cornwall, Chavenage House featured as the 'Poldark' family home.
- The Libertine - the Cotswold manor Stanway House featured in the film 'The Libertine' where Johnny Depp plays a debauched 17th century poet.
- Harry Potter - Gloucester Cathedral has been used in many of the 'Harry Potter' films as Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Bridget Jones's Diary was filmed in the beautiful Cotswold village of Snowshill where there is a snowy Christmas scene just before the family festive party. For 'Bridget Jones's Baby' christening scenes were shot in the church at Swinbrook.
- Cinderella - Blenheim Palace was used as one of the locations. The Grand and Bladon Bridges set the scene for the carriage journey to the Palace when Cinderella goes to the ball.
- Downton Abbey - The Cotswold village of Bampton doubles as the fictional village of Downton. Many of the houses, churches and pub exteriors have been used in the filming. Cogges Manor Farm also featured prominently as Yew Tree Farm, where Lady Edith's illegitimate baby was looked after.
Latest arrival time: 8:00 PM
Some sloping pitches
Levelling blocks required
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- OX15 6LR
- Lat 52.073958 / Lon -1.488454
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Buses go to: Banbury and Stratford upon Avon
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
Log in to write a review