Batsford is home to one of the finest botanical collections in the country. 56 acres in size, the Arboretum is an intima...View and Book
Hook Norton Road, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 5TEView on map
Why stay here ...
Please Note: 29.4.21 This CL is having problems with internet connection and can only take bookings by telephone at the moment.
Chipping Norton (or Chippy to the locals) is a bustling, buzzing market town in the Cotswolds located within easy walking distance from the CL (1.3 miles) and the town offers a choice of shops including M&S and Aldi, restaurants, pubs, tea rooms and cafes including Costa and Cafe Nero as well as The Chipping Norton Theatre and the Lido which is a seasonal outdoor heated pool.
Other attractions in the area include:-
- Hook Norton Brewery - home to the renowned "Hooky ale" and one of very few family owned breweries in the country.
- The Rollright Stones - a complex of three Neolithic and Bronze Age megalithic monuments. Folkloric stories have grown up around the Stones, telling of how there had once been a king and his knights who had been turned to stone by a witch.
- Daylesford Organic Farmshop - Probably the most famous farm shop in the whole of Britain. Daylesford is all about organic seasonal and delicious food.
- Magnificent stately homes like Blenheim Palace and Sudeley Castle.
- Festivals like Big Festival, Wilderness and Cornbury Music Festival.
- Events like the BBC Countryfile Live and Blenheim Horse Trails.
- There are also a variety of local walks, two golf clubs within 3 miles, course fishing lakes and clay pigeon shooting.
- The nearest bus stop is 1.3 miles away.
- Dogs are welcome - ask for details of some great local places for dog walks!
- Caravan and motorhome storage is available adjacent and Flo Gas is also available.
For more information please visit our Website.
A note about online bookings if there is no reply with in 24 hours please contact me on 01608642863 and l will get straight back to you or text 07766044341.
Electric amperage: 13
Great savings on days out
Offers available to Club members
Log in to write a review