Treginnis Uchaf Farm
St David's, Pembrokeshire, SA62 6RSView on map
Why stay here ...
- Spacious level field grass site with magnificent open views to the surrounding countryside.
- Suitable for caravans and motorhomes. Ideal for using your solar panel.
- Site has picturesque views of St Davids in the distance.
- Just a 5 minute walk to the secluded Porthllisky Beach with its fascinating rock pools and clear waters for bathing.
- Here you can easily join the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path to head towards Ramsey Sound Island and Treginnis peninsula.
- Take a picnic and enjoy the peace and calm of this picturesque area. Peregrines, choughs and a wide variety of seabirds can be seen soaring above you.
- Treginnis Uchaf is only one & a half miles west of St Davids where there is a supermarket, galleries, restaurants, cafes, pubs, Oriel Y Parc (TIC) and the splendid St Davids Cathedral.
Log in to write a review
This site, situated almost at the end of a road/track that ends with the next farm is fairly easy to find. The approach is narrow but perfectly ok if you take your time. The owners, when we finally met them could not have been nicer, very helpful and very busy with the farm which is a sheep farm. The site is flat, the grass well maintained and the local walking is beyond compare. The coastline is beautiful in this area, and a 15min walk puts you in a little bay which is lovely. The coastal path passes all the way around the coast so no matter which way you go, there is always good walking. Wildlife abounds around here and the first spotting of the elusive chough was a great joy. Recycling was available in a shed on site. Further afield, St David's is definitely worth a visit and the cathedral is a must. St David's is served by a Nisa supermarket and that is very well stocked and the meat is to die for : there is a reduced section with astounding bargains so for BBQers it's a must. A bus service runs every half hour along various routes North and south at £1 per journey. Well worth the money if you wish to explore further out although the LOCAL AREA is stunning.One place I can recommend is 'The Shed' at Porthgain. You just have to try the fish and chips!! £10 a night I thought was a little heavy for a non EHU site and when we found out the awning was £2 a night - another £30 was a bit of a shock and, it was getting toward hook up prices. Apart from that, it is a lovely part of the world and well worth a visit. I would recommend without hesitation.