AGM 2023

DavidKlyne replied on 19/09/2023 10:40

Posted on 19/09/2023 10:40

I see from this link https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/about-us/agm/ we have the date of this years AGM, which is about 5/6 weeks away. However I can't find any details of whether this will be broadcast online or whether members will be able to submit questions in advance of the meeting as they have been able to do in recent years. Will we have an update?

David

SteveL replied on 03/10/2023 07:48

Posted on 03/10/2023 07:48

But in any case I suspect that many users (especially outside of CT) of club sites and services won't even look at them but continue to use the club as it gives them what they want. I don't look at Sainsbury's, car dealers... or anything that I buy from, accounts or performance reviews, I simply buy to suit to preferences.

My above post (6:52) was somewhat off topic, sorry about that but where I came into the thread I was lead astray.

As far as AGMs company results etc I am firmly with the users you describe CS, except  for the CT bit. I will use club sites as and when it suits, particularly in relation to location, as I like them. I’m not really bothered about the ins and outs.

sunlovers replied on 03/10/2023 16:40

Posted on 03/10/2023 16:40

As I said this was LAST  October, I don't recall getting texts or extra info when I booked.  As for doing loops on roundabouts on the A12 to use up time, what can I say,  that one wins the prize of daft ideas.  I expect I was at fault by 9 whole mins.  I,m letting the subject go now it's gone on to long,  Needless to say we won't be going to WHB this year, as we have most October s, The club has lost £240 ,we've found a lovely CL £120.  Cheers everyone happy  touring. 

peedee replied on 05/10/2023 13:08

Posted on 05/10/2023 13:08

No mention of the impact of the new booking system although I image that will be in one of the reports to the AGM on the day?

Have a read of Nick Lomas's speel in the October magazine. We may get more at the AGM.

peedee

DaveCyn replied on 06/10/2023 17:40

Posted on 06/10/2023 17:40

Just received the email with the link for voting.

Seems the only way of voting is by means of a proxy, either the Chairman or someone else nominated by you who you know will be there.

I can't find any means of casting my vote directly via the link.

Am I missing something or is this deliberate to control the vote?

Hja replied on 14/10/2023 12:12

Posted on 06/10/2023 17:40 by DaveCyn

Just received the email with the link for voting.

Seems the only way of voting is by means of a proxy, either the Chairman or someone else nominated by you who you know will be there.

I can't find any means of casting my vote directly via the link.

Am I missing something or is this deliberate to control the vote?

Posted on 14/10/2023 12:12

I saw this but on further investigation you could tell your proxy how to vote, which I have done!

Goldie146 replied on 27/10/2023 10:40

Posted on 27/10/2023 10:40

Have you had an email with a link to the online AGM? Mine has just arrived. I don't know if I will logon, but I registered so I had the option to decide on the day.

Takethedogalong replied on 29/10/2023 09:31

Posted on 29/10/2023 09:31

I was busy this year DK, so didn’t tune in or submit a question. I read the stuff in the October mag, but of course this AGM is all about 2022 mainly, so next years figures will be the really interesting ones, regarding pitch take up and Membership for 2023. 

As it’s videoed, I’m a bit surprised that the Club don’t provide a link for viewing to those who are interested after the day. Sure there will be the usual questions and answers list available shortly though.

peedee replied on 29/10/2023 11:45

Posted on 29/10/2023 11:45

Was there a list of submitted questions?

No but it was stated they would be published. We might see them in a couple of days.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook