AGM 2023

DavidKlyne replied on 29/10/2023 12:40

Posted on 29/10/2023 09:31 by Takethedogalong

I was busy this year DK, so didn’t tune in or submit a question. I read the stuff in the October mag, but of course this AGM is all about 2022 mainly, so next years figures will be the really interesting ones, regarding pitch take up and Membership for 2023. 

As it’s videoed, I’m a bit surprised that the Club don’t provide a link for viewing to those who are interested after the day. Sure there will be the usual questions and answers list available shortly though.

Posted on 29/10/2023 12:40

I will have to be patient re the questionssmile

Given the Club are now very much into their "Social Media"  you would certainly imagine that posting a video on YouTube would be on the agenda? Perhaps they will but they need to edit first?

David 

peedee replied on 29/10/2023 13:22

Posted on 29/10/2023 13:22

It was recorded David, I would not have thought there was any need to edit it. I would certainly like to see some of the lists put up by Christopher Macgowan again. Did my eyes decieve me or did I see Bristol was earmarked for development in 2024 or was it just capital allocated for a potential development, perhaps the Police Training site which the Club presumably still owns and still hopes to get planning approval for!

peedee

MikeyA replied on 30/10/2023 14:03

Posted on 30/10/2023 14:03

2023 AGM Questions and Answers are now available if you follow the link at the start of this thread

mickysf replied on 30/10/2023 15:05

Posted on 30/10/2023 15:05

Looking at the questions they appear to be a pretty low key lot which could have been asked in most previous years. Apart from COVID resilience they just don't seem to reflect any of the very real issues we have been witnessing in the last couple of years. Some, I’m sure, seemed specific to certain groups and really could have been answered more personally in a less formal way, one being the question about charging for a car on a pitch with a motorhome. There was no need to correct the misunderstanding of the questioner at the AGM in my view.

Tinwheeler replied on 30/10/2023 15:54

Posted on 30/10/2023 15:05 by mickysf

Looking at the questions they appear to be a pretty low key lot which could have been asked in most previous years. Apart from COVID resilience they just don't seem to reflect any of the very real issues we have been witnessing in the last couple of years. Some, I’m sure, seemed specific to certain groups and really could have been answered more personally in a less formal way, one being the question about charging for a car on a pitch with a motorhome. There was no need to correct the misunderstanding of the questioner at the AGM in my view.

Posted on 30/10/2023 15:54

I think there was a need to correct the misunderstanding, Micky, as that was the crux of the question. We’ve had the same question asked on CT so it clearly needed explaining.

However, it would suggest to me that lack of clarity in the booking procedure is to blame for the misunderstanding.

mickysf replied on 30/10/2023 16:01

Posted on 30/10/2023 15:54 by Tinwheeler

I think there was a need to correct the misunderstanding, Micky, as that was the crux of the question. We’ve had the same question asked on CT so it clearly needed explaining.

However, it would suggest to me that lack of clarity in the booking procedure is to blame for the misunderstanding.

Posted on 30/10/2023 16:01

Absolutely but I just don’t think the AGM was the place to do it and I certainly don’t think its inclusion in the questions will reach a significant number of folk who don’t understand. For many it is an irrelevance given the big scheme of things.

DavidKlyne replied on 30/10/2023 16:04

Posted on 30/10/2023 16:04

I suppose many of the question/answers appear bland because most of them have been discussed on here prior to the AGM? Shame that we didn't get a greater insight into what was happening with metering. Reading between the lines it seems that it will eventually be extended but no firm conformation of that. Once again the question of allowing members to use motorhome facilities came up. Whilst I can see there could be a whole host of practical difficulties with offering that the Club continues to hide behind a half truth in its reasoning. Whilst wild camping might be illegal, there are, which the Club refuses to recognise many non campsite places where staying over night in a motorhome is allowed. I am thinking of the likes of car parks that allow overnight use. I suspect the problem with asking questions is that you have to be particularly specific to get the answer you want?

David

eurortraveller replied on 30/10/2023 16:11

Posted on 30/10/2023 16:11

“Bland” is a good way of describing the questions. And.as Micky rightly called them “low key”  Nothing hostile and nothing demanding.  I would  have gone home laughing if I had had such gentle lobs tossed to me when I was working. Just catch the ball and gently toss it back. Easy stuff.

MikeyA replied on 30/10/2023 16:15

Posted on 30/10/2023 16:15

I noticed that the only question regarding dogs was one of charging. The answer was as expected.

A more relevant question would have been "are XL Bully dogs welcome" or are they awaiting the Government to decide if such dogs are suitable for campsites!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook