Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

brue replied on 07/11/2020 09:11

Posted on 07/11/2020 09:11

There are sites without dog walks so they don't cost too much either. wink

peedee replied on 07/11/2020 09:37

Posted on 07/11/2020 09:37

The question of charging for dogs brings into focus the whole charging structure for Club sites which ultimately I think will have to change but its best not discussed on a thread about the AGM.

peedee

JVB66 replied on 07/11/2020 09:40

Posted on 07/11/2020 09:40

I know my two pennies worth will be  "ignored " or ridiculed by some?

,But as posted before m/caravan waste points until it seems by a big margin (according to salespersons) ,Equity release and Pension pots by older? members has made a big increase in the sale of such vehicles were it seems,  not the problem that some less able have now  ,and want everything done yesterday for them to cope  ,Instead of in the past making a more serious attempts to get the manufacturers to make waste emptying outlets on M/Vans  more user friendly instead of blaming sites including CLs/CSs for not catering for the poor outlets

That at the moment is for the minority of users?

Dogs have always been a bone of contention by those who  do not own "mans best friend"and even more so in these dangerous times ,and as posted there is a lot less spent on dog walks than about anything else on sites (if allowed ) 

Which was i think answered quite well with the questions asked via the AGM and will come under even more ridcule when what is asked for filters down to site fees increases

Ps the comments about "site management"is also down to the attitude of resposible members ,to bring anr "problems?" to the site staff who  ,with our many years membership in the vast majority of cases do their best to resolve, but reading some reviews it seems  were never brought to site staff notice in the first place

brue replied on 07/11/2020 10:02

Posted on 07/11/2020 09:37 by peedee

The question of charging for dogs brings into focus the whole charging structure for Club sites which ultimately I think will have to change but its best not discussed on a thread about the AGM.

peedee

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:02

Agreed.

Regarding the AGM and questions, there was a strict limit on the amount of words, was the word allownace long enough?

eurortraveller replied on 07/11/2020 10:09

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:09

I have toured overseas for 40 years and must have been to several hundred campsites, but cannot honestly remember a single one which had a dog walk.  Why are dog walks on Club sites regarded as such eseentials? 

GTP replied on 07/11/2020 10:17

Posted on 07/11/2020 09:37 by peedee

peedee

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:17

Totally agree....It certainly was not my intention to open up a discussion on 'charging for dogs' on this thread.....I was simply responding to the answer given to the question at the AGM...

As a finale..I do agree that the 'dog' question is more about certain members not adhering to the rules, than a 'charge'...but one has to admit that 5/6 dogs in a 3/4 windbreak enclosure, off lead to boot, will at some time cause a problem..

DavidKlyne replied on 07/11/2020 10:19

Posted on 06/11/2020 22:24 by brue

The club pointed out the £10 per day dog charge levied on guests using S pods etc. This is because extra cleaning work is involved etc.

Dogs on sites incur lower working costs pro rata.

Whatever charges are levied upon any site users there will always be some who cost the club more in working terms eg people who make a mess in facility blocks, people who damage pitches with groundsheets. 

Each improvement is a separate issue, I don't think dogs are slowing up motorhome point upgrading. smile

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:19

Brue

I noticed that in answering the question on dogs (although they didn't really!) they mentioned the Pods. I didn't realise the charge was as much as £10 per dog which seems pretty high and probably set as a discouraging factor. £10 would buy an almost extra hour of cleaning! 

I suspect the Club have a major dilemma with the question of dogs as they clearly get a lot of complaints about dogs from one half of the membership but the other half love the idea of having their pets with them on sites. I would be surprised if anything changed any time soon.

It looks as if we are in for some big changes in the booking system in the next year or so.

David

replied on 07/11/2020 10:21

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:09 by eurortraveller

I have toured overseas for 40 years and must have been to several hundred campsites, but cannot honestly remember a single one which had a dog walk.  Why are dog walks on Club sites regarded as such eseentials? 

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:21

I can think of reasons that some may consider them essential. No idea how long the provisions have been in place. When I have caravanned with dogs I never used one. I haven't caravanned with a dog since around early 90s

brue replied on 07/11/2020 10:29

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:29

I think many club sites are very minimal and families have little provision, someone questioned the removal of small playgrounds and the response was the demographics of site users didn't require the provision. Are we just heading for retirees on sites, had I thought about these issues I'd have asked a question on this subject too!

I know the response on here would be "we used CLs for our families." But CLs are changing too.

Takethedogalong replied on 07/11/2020 10:38

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:38

To some dog owners they aren’t necessary EuroT.

If you are a dog owner like us, your dog is taken for a proper walk, either on footpaths adjacent to a Site, or out in the vehicle elsewhere. The real issue is that there is a percentage of Members now that do little more than amble a few hundred yards very slowly around the Site, possibly just making it to some strip of nasty scrub that isn’t up to the Club cramming another pitch onto it, and that’s Fido’s treat until a last minute similar before bed time. In between you get a bored dog that is tethered and left to yap and bark, owners so immune to the noise they probably don’t even notice it.

Some Club Sites have fabulous Dog Walks adjacent, two I can think of are Hawes and Barnard Castle. We have had pitches next to each, and yet have been astonished to see folks walking pooches round Site roads and going past dog walks. Lots of other Sites are in Country Parks or near Coastal pathways, yet dogs are still slowly led around Site roads.🤷‍♀️ In Winter, tent areas are like a magnet for those too idle to go off site. We saw this three mornings on the trot at Tredegar, and that has a Country Park at the gates! 

It doesn’t happen on CLs. Site owners will have a word if dogs foul pitches. It doesn’t happen on small private Sites, again staff monitor it. We have seen two outfits ejected off Sites for not following dog exercising rules. Both had previously been warned. 

The Club actually has good rules around taking dogs onto Sites. They just aren’t being adhered to because it’s too easy to ignore them for some, with no repercussions. So all dog owners get the hassle.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook