Club AGM 2020

RowenaBCAMC replied on 05/10/2020 10:53

Posted on 05/10/2020 10:53

The Club AGM will take place at 2pm on Saturday 24 October 2020. 

However, due to the challenges and uncertainties arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and with the health and safety of our members being our priority, the meeting will no longer take place at Chester Racecourse.

The AGM will now be available to view via a Zoom webinar. More information can be found here: www.caravanclub.co.uk/agm/ smile

Takethedogalong replied on 07/11/2020 10:48

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:19 by DavidKlyne

Brue

I noticed that in answering the question on dogs (although they didn't really!) they mentioned the Pods. I didn't realise the charge was as much as £10 per dog which seems pretty high and probably set as a discouraging factor. £10 would buy an almost extra hour of cleaning! 

I suspect the Club have a major dilemma with the question of dogs as they clearly get a lot of complaints about dogs from one half of the membership but the other half love the idea of having their pets with them on sites. I would be surprised if anything changed any time soon.

It looks as if we are in for some big changes in the booking system in the next year or so.

David

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:48

An extra £10 for a dog is cheap compared with a lot of other overnight stays DK. We have seen up to £40 per dog charged in some cottages, £20 being the more common price. Travelodge charge £20 per dog. Per room, per night. (Mind, no one counts the dogs you take in at Travelodge🤔) There are lots more places that don’t charge at all for dogs nowadays, simply because with so much holiday choice, they don’t want to lose the custom of dog owners. 

replied on 07/11/2020 11:45

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:02 by brue

Agreed.

Regarding the AGM and questions, there was a strict limit on the amount of words, was the word allownace long enough?

Posted on 07/11/2020 11:45

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

GTP replied on 07/11/2020 11:46

Posted on 07/11/2020 10:48 by Takethedogalong

An extra £10 for a dog is cheap compared with a lot of other overnight stays DK. We have seen up to £40 per dog charged in some cottages, £20 being the more common price. Travelodge charge £20 per dog. Per room, per night. (Mind, no one counts the dogs you take in at Travelodge🤔) There are lots more places that don’t charge at all for dogs nowadays, simply because with so much holiday choice, they don’t want to lose the custom of dog owners. 

Posted on 07/11/2020 11:46

they don’t want to lose the custom of dog owners.

I suspect that is one reasoning behind the answer (or not) given at the AGM...although in reality dog owners have no where else to go, (except the other club.....at the moment !! ) so a reasonable charge would not deter them from carrying on their membership. 

A plus side to a charge.....given the number of dogs on site....would enable the club to purchase outright a premium site location every year..

DavidKlyne replied on 07/11/2020 14:09

Posted on 07/11/2020 11:45 by

I had to rethink the wording in order to fit in with the limit but on reflection I think it was a good idea to impose and it forced one to be succinct and concentrate on a question rather than using the opportunity to provide  ones own answer.

Posted on 07/11/2020 14:09

When the questions were up on the website I printed off the list. A limit on the length of questions does concentrate the mind and stops people making statements rather than asking questions. Having said that I would have preferred a few more words just to provide emphasis to my question. As it happens it looks as if they are going to do what I asked so I suppose I shouldn't complain!!!

David

DavidKlyne replied on 07/11/2020 14:25

Posted on 07/11/2020 14:25

I know my two pennies worth will be  "ignored " or ridiculed by some?

,But as posted before m/caravan waste points until it seems by a big margin (according to salespersons) ,Equity release and Pension pots by older? members has made a big increase in the sale of such vehicles were it seems,  not the problem that some less able have now  ,and want everything done yesterday for them to cope  ,Instead of in the past making a more serious attempts to get the manufacturers to make waste emptying outlets on M/Vans  more user friendly instead of blaming sites including CLs/CSs for not catering for the poor outlets

JVB

I don't think it's a case of anyone being ignored or ridiculed, you are perfectly entitled to your view. However you do have to accept that others will have a different view. I am not sure it's the Club's position to persuade manufacturers to change the method of waste water disposal on their motorhomes. It's more a case of accepting the status quo and dealing with the situation accordingly. It was good to read that 104 sites have been upgraded with another 14 in the pipeline. What was slightly worrying was that there were 42 sites where progress is in a bit of limbo because of land ownership and lease arrangements. Despite the possible difficulties of lugging a full Waste Master to a disposal point at least caravanners know that when they get there they have an almost trouble free emptying point?

David

JVB66 replied on 07/11/2020 14:56

Posted on 07/11/2020 14:25 by DavidKlyne

I know my two pennies worth will be  "ignored " or ridiculed by some?

,But as posted before m/caravan waste points until it seems by a big margin (according to salespersons) ,Equity release and Pension pots by older? members has made a big increase in the sale of such vehicles were it seems,  not the problem that some less able have now  ,and want everything done yesterday for them to cope  ,Instead of in the past making a more serious attempts to get the manufacturers to make waste emptying outlets on M/Vans  more user friendly instead of blaming sites including CLs/CSs for not catering for the poor outlets

JVB

I don't think it's a case of anyone being ignored or ridiculed, you are perfectly entitled to your view. However you do have to accept that others will have a different view. I am not sure it's the Club's position to persuade manufacturers to change the method of waste water disposal on their motorhomes. It's more a case of accepting the status quo and dealing with the situation accordingly. It was good to read that 104 sites have been upgraded with another 14 in the pipeline. What was slightly worrying was that there were 42 sites where progress is in a bit of limbo because of land ownership and lease arrangements. Despite the possible difficulties of lugging a full Waste Master to a disposal point at least caravanners know that when they get there they have an almost trouble free emptying point?

David

Posted on 07/11/2020 14:56

I would not expect either of the clubs to "persuade?"the manufacturers  a letter to their trade body from both Uk  major clubs pointing out the "problems " that are affecting some members ,by their lack of thoughtful design with waste outlets may have some influence?for their UK at least markets

Your Bailey i would think as our friends waste is so close to the ground!!

When we had our Autocruise ,we always had it serviced at their Factory (bought from Marquisyell) and were in the process of modifying their M/Vans to how i had done ours, as when the design team via the service manager saw  it they realised that such a cheap and simple mod allowed me to empty the waste without the dance at emptying points laughing

brue replied on 07/11/2020 15:21

Posted on 07/11/2020 15:21

Problem solved with drive over disposal JVB! That's why the question was asked, unfortunately the solution is a bit slow on appearance.

JVB66 replied on 07/11/2020 15:27

Posted on 07/11/2020 15:21 by brue

Problem solved with drive over disposal JVB! That's why the question was asked, unfortunately the solution is a bit slow on appearance.

Posted on 07/11/2020 15:27

But at a quite large outlay by the club/s for a minoritywink membershipsurprised and as said at AGM also whether it can be cost effective on some sites ,

Much cheaper all round  for M/Vans to have proper outlets in the first placewink

The Americans seem to be able to do it cool

LLM replied on 07/11/2020 16:01

Posted on 07/11/2020 15:27 by JVB66

But at a quite large outlay by the club/s for a minoritywink membershipsurprised and as said at AGM also whether it can be cost effective on some sites ,

Much cheaper all round  for M/Vans to have proper outlets in the first placewink

Posted on 07/11/2020 16:01

So, because motor caravanners are in a minority they should receive less consideration for their membership? An interesting point of view.

brue replied on 07/11/2020 16:11

Posted on 07/11/2020 15:27 by JVB66

Posted on 07/11/2020 16:11

Well JVB it's unfortunate if your m/h had a badly placed outlet, ours doesn't, but it's still not easy to lift the manhole covers so more drive overs equals less arm and backache. smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook