Club WiFi

fatbelly replied on 09/02/2023 09:41

Posted on 09/02/2023 09:41

Hi All,

Advise please, were on Lady Margreats Park Club Site & yesterday we paid £30 for the Club WiFi. It is atrocious, every time we come off the internet to go out, make a cup of tea etc we can't log  back in and we get the error message fatal log in.We then have to ring the helpline, give them our email address and they then log us in from their end. But as soon as we log out the same problem occurs and we have tp call the helpline again. This is across our 3 different devices and occurs whatever devise we use to log in. This morning the exact same happened so we rang fresh wave to ask for our money back which they refused saying its an error which the engineer will fix in the next week or so. This is no good to us and we want a refund what can we do?

Thanks

Cornersteady replied on 09/02/2023 18:57

Posted on 09/02/2023 18:57

I've stopped using club wifi and just rely on my mobile and from memory it was no worse than the club's and often better and quicker.

Apart from Troutbeck Head which is a hollow and subject to poor signal although different parts of the site is better than others (and there's a good signal at the site entrance) I've never had a problem.

Also you don't need to buy wifi if all you want to do is use the club's website to book a site and of course to be on CT.

DavidKlyne replied on 09/02/2023 22:20

Posted on 09/02/2023 22:20

FB

I have not bothered with paid Club WiFi for a couple of years now, I occasionally use it to access this website which only requires you to be logged in as a member. Like others we use our phones to access the internet using 4G. I noted from our last visit to Lady Margarets Park, 2018, that 4G access was OK. It's not that I think the annual sub is expensive, it's not but it is a bit of a hassle to use and far from reliable.

David

EmilysDad replied on 09/02/2023 22:27

Posted on 09/02/2023 22:27

it's not like Lady Margaret's is in the back of beyond ... the town is only a few minutes walk away from the site. 

InaD replied on 09/02/2023 22:51

Posted on 09/02/2023 22:51

Haven't used "Club" WiFi for years; the only memory of it I have is forever having to ring Air Angel, as it was then, (no idea who runs it now) due to problems.  In common with a lot of other members, we use our phones and also have a dongle.  

In contrast, the "other" club provides free WiFi; not brilliant at times, but at least you haven't had to pay separately for it.  Of course, somehow it's incorporated in site fees, but their site prices are no different from CAMC and often cheaper.

SteveL replied on 10/02/2023 08:10

Posted on 09/02/2023 22:20 by DavidKlyne

FB

I have not bothered with paid Club WiFi for a couple of years now, I occasionally use it to access this website which only requires you to be logged in as a member. Like others we use our phones to access the internet using 4G. I noted from our last visit to Lady Margarets Park, 2018, that 4G access was OK. It's not that I think the annual sub is expensive, it's not but it is a bit of a hassle to use and far from reliable.

David

Posted on 10/02/2023 08:10

I subscribed for several years and my last subscription ran out just after they closed the sites for covid. I was always reasonably happy with it, but of course we took holidays out of season when the sites were less busy. Out of season sort of stopped when restrictions were lifted and sites were totally rammed at all times. I was far from convinced that the WiFi would cope and didn’t sign up again. Which if trying to use the free side was anything to go by was the correct decision. Since then 4G coverage has increased markedly and the cost per Giga byte reduced with lots more of them included in our contracts. Therefore even if the clubs WiFi was reliable, it wouldn’t make sense to spend the £30.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook