New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 31/01/2022 13:01

Posted on 31/01/2022 12:44 by ErnieJH

I think that the success of the new system will stand or fall largely on how sensitively cancellations inside the 21 day period are handled. This is especially so now that members are being encouraged to put their compliments or complaints on Trustpilot rather than the website which makes them available to a much wide audience and does mean that you get a reply.

Posted on 31/01/2022 13:01

EJH, how does sensitivity re cancellations & Trustpilot work🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m struggling with the correlation tbh.

ErnieJH replied on 31/01/2022 14:17

Posted on 31/01/2022 13:01 by Rocky 2 buckets

EJH, how does sensitivity re cancellations & Trustpilot work🤷🏻‍♂️. I’m struggling with the correlation tbh.

Posted on 31/01/2022 14:17

If members aren’t happy Trustpilot will allow them to give an opinion, good or bad and give the club a rating on a very public site. Plus of course the club does answer items raised, good or bad which is really good. So in some ways it’s better than the forum for highlighting items to the club.

DavidKlyne replied on 31/01/2022 14:28

Posted on 31/01/2022 14:17 by ErnieJH

If members aren’t happy Trustpilot will allow them to give an opinion, good or bad and give the club a rating on a very public site. Plus of course the club does answer items raised, good or bad which is really good. So in some ways it’s better than the forum for highlighting items to the club.

Posted on 31/01/2022 14:28

I have never quite understood the Club encouraging members to post on Trustpilot, its a bit like washing one's dirty laundry in public? I wonder to who's benefit a comment on Trustpilot is for? Surely not for members?

David

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 31/01/2022 15:49

Posted on 31/01/2022 14:17 by ErnieJH

Posted on 31/01/2022 15:49

Thank you EJH, I know what TP is as I’m a member & I’ve posted quite a few reviews I was struggling with the word ‘sensitive’, how can sensitivity alter a TP review?🤔

rexandbellasdad replied on 31/01/2022 16:27

Posted on 31/01/2022 14:28 by DavidKlyne

I have never quite understood the Club encouraging members to post on Trustpilot, its a bit like washing one's dirty laundry in public? I wonder to who's benefit a comment on Trustpilot is for? Surely not for members?

David

Posted on 31/01/2022 16:27

Except that if one posts a negative review about a Clubsite experience it may not appear or if one writes a private letter about a bad experience, no reply may be forthcoming. CAMC needs to take complaints seriously. I intend to write about our appalling experience at Inclboro last summer in response to CAMC's latest invitation in the current magazine, 'Your feedback counts!' We'll also see if this post stays on the message board. You might think this is a bit belated, but I have had a number of health issues over the last few months, which means I have not prioritised our complaint, but will do so now. Watch this space - maybe.

Tinwheeler replied on 31/01/2022 16:40

Posted on 31/01/2022 16:27 by rexandbellasdad

Except that if one posts a negative review about a Clubsite experience it may not appear or if one writes a private letter about a bad experience, no reply may be forthcoming. CAMC needs to take complaints seriously. I intend to write about our appalling experience at Inclboro last summer in response to CAMC's latest invitation in the current magazine, 'Your feedback counts!' We'll also see if this post stays on the message board. You might think this is a bit belated, but I have had a number of health issues over the last few months, which means I have not prioritised our complaint, but will do so now. Watch this space - maybe.

Posted on 31/01/2022 16:40

The problem with negative reviews is that they often complain about and name staff who cannot respond. By doing so they breach the guidelines for writing reviews so need to be removed.

There is an avenue for making a complaint where your words will reach the ears of someone senior. That avenue is not via this forum or the review system but can be found through 'Contact us'. Go get stuck in!

DavidKlyne replied on 31/01/2022 17:12

Posted on 31/01/2022 16:27 by rexandbellasdad

Posted on 31/01/2022 17:12

Just so that you know all reviews do appear as soon as they are posted. From my experience there are only two reasons why reviews are taken down. Firstly the person hasn't actually stayed at the site or CL in question, it is a requirement of a review that you have have stayed on site. Secondly, the naming and identifying a member of staff  for some perceived short coming. (the same applies to personal critical comments of CL owners) The reason such reviews are removed is because the Club have a duty of care to its employees. I would also argue that  using a review to highlight such shortcomings  is in reality not a lot of use to other members who might be thinking of staying at the site? As TW points out, if you have a complaint of that nature you should write directly to the Club, by using the contact button, to allow them to investigate both sides of the story. Posting such complaints on the likes of Trustpilot  does nothing, in my view, other than allowing people to get it off their chests. I am sorry to hear you have had health problems but the problem of such a delay is that getting to the information at this late stage could be difficult but please do pursue through the correct channels.

David 

DSB replied on 31/01/2022 18:19

Posted on 31/01/2022 14:28 by DavidKlyne

David

Posted on 31/01/2022 18:19

Whatever report-back system there is, I guess it's open to interpretation/ criticism/ question.  Interestingly I found this....  perhaps one reason to put faith in TrustPilot??? 🙂  Possibly for the benefit of folk who might be considering joining a Club, but are not sure which one to join...

David

rexandbellasdad replied on 31/01/2022 18:55

Posted on 31/01/2022 18:55

Please note that we are still members of CAMC and intend to remain so. I have commented that after our miserable visit to Incleboro, we went to River Breamish in Northumberland and enjoyed a wonderful time there and have booked to go there this summer. I am in no doubt that most sites are still excellent and that some more popular coastal ones have problems unique to them especially after foreign holidays ended during lockdown last year.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook