New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

brue replied on 31/03/2022 10:54

Posted on 31/03/2022 10:54

Regarding transfer of bookings to hardstandings what happens if you want grass? Wer'e booked in for Steamer Quay this year, there is a hardstanding tarmac area at the site entrance which to my mind is unpleasant and I don't want to be transferred!!

I'm also reviving this thread because it was the second of two threads posted by DK in Oct and Nov last year.

How long before we start deposits and is this increasing pitch bookings in the meantime to avoid deposits, thus causing bookings which will get cancelled!!!!?

Is there any info out there when the new system might start?

Tinwheeler replied on 31/03/2022 11:49

Posted on 31/03/2022 11:49

Brue, if I recall correctly I think it was explained that anyone specifically wanting a grass pitch rather than being transferred to HS should ring the site and request grass. It might have been JK posting or might have been in the FAQs where I read it.

TandemTwo replied on 31/03/2022 12:37

Posted on 31/03/2022 12:37

We've just come back from a two week, four site stay and very much enjoyed the ease of leaving sites early, arriving at other sites early and changing destination. Apart from one refund, all completed very easily online. We will have contributed at least two cancellations even though we had no reduction in the overall time on site.

It was interesting to note that there is a lack of knowledge regarding the implementation of deposits both with Members and Wardens ... 

brue replied on 31/03/2022 13:31

Posted on 31/03/2022 11:49 by Tinwheeler

Brue, if I recall correctly I think it was explained that anyone specifically wanting a grass pitch rather than being transferred to HS should ring the site and request grass. It might have been JK posting or might have been in the FAQs where I read it.

Posted on 31/03/2022 13:31

Yes, I had forgotten, thanks. I expect it was JK, the source of useful info.

It would be good to know when I might have to phone? wink

Arch replied on 31/03/2022 13:39

Posted on 31/03/2022 13:31 by brue

Yes, I had forgotten, thanks. I expect it was JK, the source of useful info.

It would be good to know when I might have to phone? wink

Posted on 31/03/2022 13:39

See below a copy from the FAQs

Existing bookings will be prioritised for pitch type allocation before any new bookings can be made. The new booking system will only go live when the pitch type allocation process for existing bookings has been completed. From that point onwards, if you wish, you will be able to amend your existing booking(s) to an alternative pitch type to what has been allocated; and new bookings will also be able to be made (all subject to the availability of the remaining pitches and pitch types per campsite). 

brue replied on 31/03/2022 13:53

Posted on 31/03/2022 13:53

Thanks Arch for the details which I missed when checking today (I had been reading other similar comments on this thread.) I recall that all bookings will be migrated to hardstandings where these exist. On the particular site I mentioned I suspect there might be a rush to amend to grass if the pitch migration is fixed to one type (which in most cases is probably ok.)

Goldie146 replied on 31/03/2022 16:13

Posted on 31/03/2022 16:13

I hope no one amends my only booking - New England Bay. 150 pitches, of which only 15 are hard standing - and not in a good place.

Please leave me on grass!

It’s not till June, so plenty of time for any and everything to change.

Prescot46 replied on 09/04/2022 16:47

Posted on 09/04/2022 16:47

I am currently on the Brighton site for 5 nights.  I have been trying to get on this site for this weekend, marathon weekend, for about 6 months.  Each time I looked there was no availability.  About 4 weeks ago a random check turned up a vacant pitch that I booked immediately.  A check a week later showed no availability.  It is now Saturday and nearly 5 pm and it is very disappointing to see numerous pitches vacant. The sooner non-refundable deposits are brought in the better 

Tinwheeler replied on 09/04/2022 17:05

Posted on 09/04/2022 16:47 by Prescot46

I am currently on the Brighton site for 5 nights.  I have been trying to get on this site for this weekend, marathon weekend, for about 6 months.  Each time I looked there was no availability.  About 4 weeks ago a random check turned up a vacant pitch that I booked immediately.  A check a week later showed no availability.  It is now Saturday and nearly 5 pm and it is very disappointing to see numerous pitches vacant. The sooner non-refundable deposits are brought in the better 

Posted on 09/04/2022 17:05

I can’t plough through 184 pages to check but weren't we advised that the new system was starting in April - that is, now?🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook