New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

Cornersteady replied on 09/04/2022 17:12

Posted on 09/04/2022 16:47 by Prescot46

I am currently on the Brighton site for 5 nights.  I have been trying to get on this site for this weekend, marathon weekend, for about 6 months.  Each time I looked there was no availability.  About 4 weeks ago a random check turned up a vacant pitch that I booked immediately.  A check a week later showed no availability.  It is now Saturday and nearly 5 pm and it is very disappointing to see numerous pitches vacant. The sooner non-refundable deposits are brought in the better 

Posted on 09/04/2022 17:12

I queried this on another thread as to when the new booking system would be introduced, I'm glad to see that a few others on this very thread thought it was going to be April as I did. Now the website shows 'sometime in 2022'. At this rate it's going going to be in till May at the earliest, which I doubt by the 'sometime' ?

Even then the deposits won't be non-refundable if you cancel before 21 days (I think)

post edit yes:

We know plans sometimes do have to change, so if you cancel or amend your booking at least 21 days before arrival, your deposit will be fully refunded. 

When will deposits be introduced?
Deposits will only apply from when the new UK booking experience is launched (sometime in 2022) and will only affect new bookings made after the launch. Up to then continue to make bookings on the existing system (which do not include deposit payments)

I'm (was) sure it said April?

TandemTwo replied on 09/04/2022 17:23

Posted on 09/04/2022 17:23

Interesting ... of the total 177 pitches, the website states less than 5 pitches available ... ? It would be good to get real time confirmation that the difference between this number and your "numerous" number is down purely to no shows ...

JollyKernow replied on 09/04/2022 18:40

Posted on 09/04/2022 18:40

Evening

Prescott mentions "it's nearly 5pm". Remember, all bookings on the day can access a pitch up to 8pm. From experience, on a Saturday most arrivals in a motorhome arrive between 5 and 8pm.

JK

brue replied on 09/04/2022 18:48

Posted on 09/04/2022 18:48

I've now had a quick look for the first mention of an April start date...no names no pack drill. winksurprised

I will also confess that I've made early bookings to avoid deposits and I suspect this has boosted booking numbers in general. smile

JollyKernow replied on 09/04/2022 18:53

Posted on 09/04/2022 18:48 by brue

I've now had a quick look for the first mention of an April start date...no names no pack drill. winksurprised

I will also confess that I've made early bookings to avoid deposits and I suspect this has boosted booking numbers in general. smile

Posted on 09/04/2022 18:53

No need to rush with bookings Brue. When the new system does arrive, we have to know how to drive it before it's "live". That's a good dose of trainingundecided No news for us so carry on as normal

JK

Hja replied on 09/04/2022 19:44

Posted on 09/04/2022 19:44

I am sure April was the original start date.

maybe the changes to site fees re electricity increases have delayed it

Cornersteady replied on 10/04/2022 13:46

Posted on 09/04/2022 18:53 by JollyKernow

No need to rush with bookings Brue. When the new system does arrive, we have to know how to drive it before it's "live". That's a good dose of trainingundecided No news for us so carry on as normal

JK

Posted on 10/04/2022 13:46

I actually am waiting for the pitch type boking to come in, there is a club site I want to return to but am waiting to book it as I want a HS pitch.

Arch replied on 10/04/2022 19:31

Posted on 10/04/2022 13:46 by Cornersteady

I actually am waiting for the pitch type boking to come in, there is a club site I want to return to but am waiting to book it as I want a HS pitch.

Posted on 10/04/2022 19:31

You may be disappointed as the early bookers will have hardstandings allocated to them,if you wait until the new booking system starts there's a good chance there won't be any hardstandings left

peedee replied on 11/04/2022 07:55

Posted on 09/04/2022 19:44 by Hja

I am sure April was the original start date.

maybe the changes to site fees re electricity increases have delayed it

Posted on 11/04/2022 07:55

I think the April start date was pure conjecture on the part of CT members. It would have been a logical date to start it being the start of the season. I believe what the Club original indicated was it would be EARLY iin the year, springtime may have been mentioned but definitely not April.

peedee

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook