Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

RedKite replied on 01/12/2021 17:20

Posted on 01/12/2021 17:20

Hi brue we had Pfizer same as the other two jabs and now gone down to 5 months but might change yet and just a slight sore spot where the needle went in also OH the same, it was a lovely old building we were in a newer extension but could see the old stone flooring and old stone walls.

KjellNN replied on 01/12/2021 18:13

Posted on 01/12/2021 12:05 by Takethedogalong

That’s the other strange thing SB. We have no contact with children at all, and for last few months haven’t had close indoor contact with anyone else who does. Just shows how random it can be though picking up any kind of virus. Once one in house gets it, other is doomed of course. OH was well on the mend before I succumbed, and trust me lots of handwashing and sanitising going on. Haven’t dared go see my Mum all week, don’t want to risk her getting it, even a bad cold at 93 takes some getting over. 

Posted on 01/12/2021 18:13

We were very surprised that when DIL got Covid a few weeks back, nobody else in the household went down with it.

As a teacher, she and all the family do regular lateral flow tests, and she showed up positive and immediately shut herself away in the bedroom, and went separately from the rest of the family for a PCR test the following day, also positive for her and negative for the others.  I think she was isolating for at least 10 days, with her food left on a tray outside the bedroom door.

JollyKernow replied on 01/12/2021 19:56

Posted on 01/12/2021 13:01 by vbfg

They are not the only ones to suffer abuse David!  I was talking to a warden at a site last month and he told me that many staff had left due to the amount of abuse they have received, especially this year.

Posted on 01/12/2021 19:56

Evening

I must admit the last two summers have been somewhat of a "challenge" . but nothing I'd personally consider leaving for. But then I guess I don't cut too easilywink.

Next year will be ok, at least all the hardstandings will be fullundecidedyell

JK

Wherenext replied on 01/12/2021 20:19

Posted on 01/12/2021 20:19

Can it simply be put down to people behaving differently due to Covid JK? What seems to have changed? I don't mean for the thread to drift but is Covid making people behave less tolerantly.

Personally I think my behaviour has become more tolerant as I'm just grateful to be out and about after the lockdowns. Then again maybe the people who have met me think differently.laughing

brue replied on 01/12/2021 21:16

Posted on 01/12/2021 17:20 by RedKite

Hi brue we had Pfizer same as the other two jabs and now gone down to 5 months but might change yet and just a slight sore spot where the needle went in also OH the same, it was a lovely old building we were in a newer extension but could see the old stone flooring and old stone walls.

Posted on 01/12/2021 21:16

Thanks RedKite! 

Our booster venue was quite interesting too, at Haynes Motor Museum, queueing amongst racing cars. There was a sign outside their cafe on the route out. "You've been vaccinated now get caffeinated!" wink 

JollyKernow replied on 03/12/2021 10:35

Posted on 01/12/2021 20:19 by Wherenext

Can it simply be put down to people behaving differently due to Covid JK? What seems to have changed? I don't mean for the thread to drift but is Covid making people behave less tolerantly.

Personally I think my behaviour has become more tolerant as I'm just grateful to be out and about after the lockdowns. Then again maybe the people who have met me think differently.laughing

Posted on 03/12/2021 10:35

Morning

Not sure of the answer to be honest. I guess how we've all been treated as citizens could have something to do with it as well? This year has improved a lot compared to 2020.

The positive thing is that the club as a large employer has recognized the possible need for extra support and measures are in place. That is quite reassuring I can tell you.

Saying that we still meet some lovely people with nothing but holidays on their mind, I hope next season is sunny as it will be my second season at my current site so nothing site wise to learn (except the new booking system!!)

JK

Wherenext replied on 03/12/2021 20:22

Posted on 03/12/2021 20:22

Good to know JK.

Anyone read the story about the Italian man who turned up for his jab in order to get a Covid pass with a "false arm"? Didn't want the jab so built a mould made of silicone to place over the arm.🤣🤣

Unfortunately for him he got an experienced nurse.👍

ABM replied on 04/12/2021 15:52

Posted on 04/12/2021 15:52

More unfortunately they didn't do something narsssty to him -- like leaving the synthetic but remove the natural perhaps laughing  

Brian must be careful now 'cos he is getting very bolshy in what passes for his old age  embarassed

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook