Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

nelliethehooker replied on 04/12/2021 20:13

Posted on 03/12/2021 20:22 by Wherenext

Good to know JK.

Anyone read the story about the Italian man who turned up for his jab in order to get a Covid pass with a "false arm"? Didn't want the jab so built a mould made of silicone to place over the arm.🤣🤣

Unfortunately for him he got an experienced nurse.👍

Posted on 04/12/2021 20:13

It appears that he was dentist!! He should be banned from practicing for trying to pull that stunt.

Fisherman replied on 05/12/2021 14:05

Posted on 05/12/2021 14:05

Now we know why you cant get a doctors appointment. Too busy getting an extra fifteen quid weekdays and twenty quid per jab on Sundays. Still drawing salaries.

SteveL replied on 05/12/2021 14:45

Posted on 05/12/2021 14:05 by Fisherman

Now we know why you cant get a doctors appointment. Too busy getting an extra fifteen quid weekdays and twenty quid per jab on Sundays. Still drawing salaries.

Posted on 05/12/2021 14:45

It does seem a bit daft to stop check ups for diabetes, asthma and heart disease, as has been suggested. It’s just going to lead to issues with medication  not being spotted.

SeasideBill replied on 05/12/2021 14:52

Posted on 05/12/2021 14:05 by Fisherman

Posted on 05/12/2021 14:52

GP Practices are independent private companies providing services under contract to the NHS. What would you expect? 

DavidKlyne replied on 05/12/2021 15:50

Posted on 05/12/2021 14:45 by SteveL

It does seem a bit daft to stop check ups for diabetes, asthma and heart disease, as has been suggested. It’s just going to lead to issues with medication  not being spotted.

Posted on 05/12/2021 15:50

Agree Steve, worth remembering these checks ups have not been going on during COVID so another delay could mean some don't get a review for over two years? That could be even longer of course if the pandemic doesn't start to wind down! It will be interesting to see how those surgeries that don't offer a vaccination  service react?

David

Fisherman replied on 06/12/2021 08:39

Posted on 06/12/2021 08:39

Like every other service/career. Money is the driving .force. This pandemic has been a real earner for a great deal of people, particularly if you have the right contacts. No sign of the gravy train coming to a stop anytime soon.

DavidKlyne replied on 06/12/2021 17:15

Posted on 06/12/2021 17:15

There does seem to be a degree on non joined up writing at the moment for the NHS. Today I received both and email and a text telling me I was eligible for a COVID Booster vaccination but according to their records I have not yet taken up the offer. I had my booster on 1st November and it shows on my NHS App so how come they don't know about it? Difficult to know what to do, leave it in the hope they will get their records straight or contact them?

David

Fisherman replied on 06/12/2021 17:53

Posted on 06/12/2021 17:53

Similar here. Had a letter to say we would get another letter to inform us  where and when boosters would be given. We had already received them. Still no sign of second letter.

SteveL replied on 08/12/2021 21:45

Posted on 08/12/2021 21:45

I was rather amazed to hear that the changes announced today, along with vaccine passports for certain venues included wearing masks in cinemas and theatres. Why was this not already the  case, they are indoor spaces where the public is gathering and you are likely to be close to others for longer than you might on a bus, where it is already compulsory.

moulesy replied on 08/12/2021 21:52

Posted on 08/12/2021 21:52

Yes, I agree, Steve, it did seem an obvious omission at the time, not that we plan to visit a cinema or theatre any time soon.

Interesting point made by "the Saj" in the Commons statement this evening to the effect that, if I understood it correctly, as the Omicron variant becomes dominant there wold be little justification for extending the recently imposed travel restrictions (or did I completely mishear that?)

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook