Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 09/12/2021 14:49

Posted on 09/12/2021 14:49

Compulsory vaccination will never work. Once you get to the hardcore selfish & uncaring ones how will it work getting them vaccinated🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s a nightmare that I will never support. Make it uncomfortable for them to get away with it but not arrest & physically vax against their will that is not acceptable.

brue replied on 09/12/2021 15:15

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:15

Try moving our 6'7" grandson to a vaccination centre, it would be like moving Gulliver! I was hoping the Covid pass for night clubs would curb his style til I read he could use a lateral flow test. However he acts as a DJ all over the country in his spare time and I'm hoping he'll give in soon and get "vaxed." His parents have their booster this Saturday...maybe they'll have another go at persuading him. undecided

replied on 09/12/2021 15:23

Posted on 09/12/2021 14:49 by Rocky 2 buckets

Compulsory vaccination will never work. Once you get to the hardcore selfish & uncaring ones how will it work getting them vaccinated🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s a nightmare that I will never support. Make it uncomfortable for them to get away with it but not arrest & physically vax against their will that is not acceptable.

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:23

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

LLM replied on 09/12/2021 15:25

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:25

Even if everyone is fully vaccinated the virus will still spread and there will be some who will become ill, some very ill, and some will die.  Compulsory vaccination won't change that but it could reduce the strain on the NHS, however, it is not generally acceptable in a free society.  I'm not for compulsion but I will support the introduction of reasonable ways and means of protecting the majority from the minority.  

brue replied on 09/12/2021 15:40

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:23 by

My disable daughter who a vulnerable person and has no understanding of vaccination was forcible vaccinated with my agreement . Why should those people you describe as "selfish and uncaring " be given kid glove treatment?

The staff at her care home were along with thousands of others in the industry given a choice vaccination or find another job, perhaps Brue's grandson should be offered the same choice.

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:40

Grandson works in engineering as his day job, I expect there are many unvaccinated employees and employers across all types of work. We haven't found a way to persuade him, I'm just quoting him as an example. We also have two unvaccinated neighbours, retired, ex NHS workers. No-one is giving them kid glove treatment, in fact they are at risk. There is a lengthy page on the ONS Coronavirus web site "latest insights" which gives details of vaccine progress and attitudes.

replied on 09/12/2021 15:48

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:40 by brue

Grandson works in engineering as his day job, I expect there are many unvaccinated employees and employers across all types of work. We haven't found a way to persuade him, I'm just quoting him as an example. We also have two unvaccinated neighbours, retired, ex NHS workers. No-one is giving them kid glove treatment, in fact they are at risk. There is a lengthy page on the ONS Coronavirus web site "latest insights" which gives details of vaccine progress and attitudes.

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:48

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 09/12/2021 15:52

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:15 by brue

Try moving our 6'7" grandson to a vaccination centre, it would be like moving Gulliver! I was hoping the Covid pass for night clubs would curb his style til I read he could use a lateral flow test. However he acts as a DJ all over the country in his spare time and I'm hoping he'll give in soon and get "vaxed." His parents have their booster this Saturday...maybe they'll have another go at persuading him. undecided

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:52

He may just as other non vaxed people (hope not) catch it with his DJ job just as likelysurprised

brue replied on 09/12/2021 16:00

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:48 by

He is still a danger (we can argue  how much) to his workmates and customers in his night time job. Nobody asked me whether I wanted to comply with safety regulations in a coal mine there 2 choices, comply or get another job and I am of the opinion it should be offered to everyone in employment. 

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:00

At night time he has to take tests to enter which in some ways doesn't make sense as everyone can enter with a covid pass and no tests! I think it's a very muddled set of guidelines.

He has had to do tests at work. There are a lot of people testing in work places.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 09/12/2021 16:18

Posted on 09/12/2021 15:23 by

My disable daughter who a vulnerable person and has no understanding of vaccination was forcible vaccinated with my agreement . Why should those people you describe as "selfish and uncaring " be given kid glove treatment?

The staff at her care home were along with thousands of others in the industry given a choice vaccination or find another job, perhaps Brue's grandson should be offered the same choice.

Posted on 09/12/2021 16:18

What you did is your concern, if you gave permission then she obviously couldn’t, other folk who don’t need others making their decisions will resist violently probably(I’ve seen them fighting the Police over masks) it will end very badly trying to force a lot of folk to be vax’d against their will.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook