What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 17/11/2019 10:24

Posted on 17/11/2019 10:24

Getting ready to set off shortly for Sandringham, sun making an attempt of coming  out smile

Had a few good days here, nice to see my brother and SIL.

Hoping north Norfolk is going to be kind to us.

Bakers2 replied on 17/11/2019 12:04

Posted on 17/11/2019 12:04

Safe travels Tammygirl, and all others travelling generally, north Norfolk will offer plenty to explore. We can recommend Kings Lynn, take a guided tour and do the museum, interesting how the river has 'moved'. Be prepared for chilly winds from the north or east I believe it's the first land straight down from the Artic 😉 but it's bracing and windproof clothing doesn't stop you being out and about.

Glad you're having a good tour it's a shame this has been a very wet autumn 😲đŸ˜ĸ it's never hot been generally much drier, we've always been away until November - not this year sadly.

Sun out here 🌞 turning out kitchen cupboards 😲. Should be pottering in the garden or partaking of the air but actually feeling in the  mood for 'sorting' out 😂😂. Bedding on the line but not really moving or drying but as my nan would say 'hazelling', no idea on its exact meaning but I know what she means! Yesterday's washing certainly smelt of a winter dry, 1st this year, but it smells so fresh 😃

We're collecting the grand dog tomorrow, she's going to work with our son, it would happen anyway as DIL in London all day. They are as busy as ever 😃 wedding in Lancashire this coming weekend then off on their honeymoon, delayed for the farming year although very little of the drilling done this year due to wet weather so perhaps the timing still iffy,  on 6 December,  South Africa self touring - warm at this time of year and little time difference 😉, back just before Christmas 😲😲😲.

Goldie hope you had a great time.

Enjoy your day folks. 

brue replied on 17/11/2019 12:14

Posted on 17/11/2019 12:14

Looks like it might be a bit drier in Norfolk so hope you enjoy your visit TG, we're off that way soon, but will take some cold weather gear! 

Hope the dog has a good holiday with you B2 and her owners enjoy their delayed trip.

The field nearest to us has only had the first plough, normally it would have a fine tilth and winter wheat appearing but I'm guessing it will be potatoes and maize, it's very wet and muddy on the surface.

OH has "gawn fishing," much debate with the club on where due to river and pond levels and other info from the EA about sluices etc. let's hope we have some drier weather next week.

Takethedogalong replied on 17/11/2019 13:49

Posted on 17/11/2019 13:49

Still raining here. We are not used to this at all, everything usually drops on Manchester and Pennines before it gets to us, so very unusual. Delaying things for me gardening wise, and to top it all it’s dark and gloomy as well. I’d rather have cold and frost than all this wet.☚ī¸

Tammygirl replied on 17/11/2019 14:40

Posted on 17/11/2019 14:40

Agree with you there TTDA, I think the only weather we dislike is rain.

Arrived here at CCC, site Sandringham just after 13.00, good drive roads not that busy.  Left in sunshine but arrived to overcast skies, dry so all good. Site very quiet smile 

Will get out for a look around shortly.

Brue, we've got all weather clothes with us, even my quilted winter trousers and ski jacket laughing probably need them as we go north.

Takethedogalong replied on 17/11/2019 14:51

Posted on 17/11/2019 14:51

I like to look back on photos every now and then, and it’s very noticeable just how blue and clear the skies are during a lot of our Winter touring in past three, four years. I don’t think we encountered any rain in first Winter, some snow and frost, but I can recall the first proper rain being in North Norfolk during a stay over May Bank Holiday. Sorry I can’t post photos, they are too large for on here.😁

JVB66 replied on 17/11/2019 15:33

Posted on 17/11/2019 14:40 by Tammygirl

Agree with you there TTDA, I think the only weather we dislike is rain.

Arrived here at CCC, site Sandringham just after 13.00, good drive roads not that busy.  Left in sunshine but arrived to overcast skies, dry so all good. Site very quiet smile 

Will get out for a look around shortly.

Brue, we've got all weather clothes with us, even my quilted winter trousers and ski jacket laughing probably need them as we go north.

Posted on 17/11/2019 15:33

If you come out of the gate behind the glamping tents and bare left onto the path it takes you to the cc sitesurprised there is a bus stop outside across the road that takes you to Kings Lynn (45 min past each hour) the ccc members seem to use that stop wink the site side of the road goes to Hunstanton, 

If you want a shop there is a co-op at Dersingham and the meals are nice in the cafe at Thaxsters cafe/garden centre and shop also at Dersingham, Cheapest fuel is Asda towards Kings Lynn turn right off A149 at first roundabout

Goldie146 replied on 17/11/2019 16:13

Posted on 17/11/2019 16:13

We had a brilliant  time last night - good seats, good music, and a good sleep in!

We were  only away 23 hours, but it was 23 hours in a different world.

ABM replied on 17/11/2019 17:31

Posted on 17/11/2019 17:31

Had a very lazy day today --  just minor bird feeding duties for the 'homers' two doors down but enough to stop me travelling too far.  Still I've got three bags ready for British Heart Foundation, so nothing really wasted. Right now I've got one eye on the England Footy match and non too impressed with the petty fouls from English defenders.

I appreciate they have qualified but I'd expect more effort from players hoping to cement their places in the future teams.

Glad you had such a great time Goldie --  it's always pleasant when it all comes together like that  !

Francis replied on 17/11/2019 17:54

Posted on 17/11/2019 17:54

We took a drive down the coast today to Whitehaven a place we visited a few times and never really liked it however it seemed good today. It was the Christmas light switch on tonight so the town centre was busy with a street market, food stalls ect. We grabbed a quick lunch from Greggs and then made our way to The Beacon Centre. It was excellent only £6 to get in and they do a cheaper rate for over 60s :). The museum was great with a very interesting exhibition about Selafield Power Station. Well worth a visit for anyone in the area. Now back at the van very cold outside so staying in tonight it’s the first episode of I’m a Celeb tonight sad I know but we like it.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook