What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 23/01/2020 14:11

Posted on 23/01/2020 14:11

In any case, if we're going to Cromer we like to see Cromer not Lidl, why waste fuel? 

Strangely enough I often see queues at bus stops all over the uk....they can't all be motorhomers can they? laughing

Wherenext replied on 23/01/2020 17:34

Posted on 23/01/2020 17:34

Had 5 nights at Meathop Fell spanning the weekend and the majority of units were caravans. Then again it's not on public transport routes. Having said that there were only 10 units on site on Thursday. About 25 over the weekend. They really should offer a discount to try to attract some custom.

Booked our CL for the March ferry today. Hooray. It was a beautiful sunny morning here. We drove to Helsby, near Frodsham, for a lunch date with my cousin and her husband. Had a really good laugh and meet up. Food was good as usual and staff were brilliant.

Has anyone seen Cats, the film? Mrs WN and MiL are going tomorrow night and Mrs WN is going under sufferance. Do I need to tell her to wear earplugs? She's thinking of downloading an app of dogs barking and accidentally let it off if the "Caterwauling" gets too much.smile

Hope the eyes are improving Brue.

KjellNN replied on 23/01/2020 19:27

Posted on 23/01/2020 19:27

The most difficult bit of the tiling in DD's utility room, as it includes 4 double sockets/switch plates with big cut outs in the tiles, is now complete, only managed to break one tile in the process.  Lots of corners still to do so lots of tile trim still to fit, but at least the tile cuts will be easy.

Came home early today as we seem to be passing yet another bug around the family.  Little Callum was poorly overnight on Monday, upset tum, but fine again on the Tuesday morning.  Then on Wednesday morning we arrived to find DD off work and in bed, laid low by similar symptoms.  A bit better today so working from home, but still not 100%.

Her FIL now seems to have the bug, and is quite bad, and we came home early as I am not feeling 100% now.  I plan to go to bed to rest and keep away from OH as the last thing she needs is to catch a bug when she is scheduled for her cataract op on Tuesday.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/01/2020 20:06

Posted on 23/01/2020 20:06

York RP was around 90% MH to 10% caravans when we were there earlier this month. Of course it’s a great site for both choices just to park up and walk. Lots of small MHs were doing the out for the day thing though, probably heading out of City to places like Castle Howard which is only 15 minutes up A64.

We thought we were seeing things tonight when out dog walking. Dark but clear skies, lots of stars out. Then.......a straight line row of around a dozen satellites all in a line heading across sky. Never seen anything like it. Google of course is one’s friend. Not invaders,😱 but Elon Musk’s Starlink satellites. Very interesting, although I am not a fan of the Musk Rat.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/01/2020 20:37

Posted on 23/01/2020 20:37

Glad that you got your CL booked for your trip "over there", WN.

Most interesting spot, Tda. Wish I'd seen that.

And her fine dry day, but no sunshine to speak of. We did a 9 ml walk from Bolton Bridge along both sides of the R.Wharfe as far as the Aqueduct Bridge. This is our last night here before we head down to Old Brampton.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/01/2020 21:07

Posted on 23/01/2020 21:07

Might see if we can spot them again tomorrow, they were over South Yorks area, heading North East, at 6.30pm. Looks like we just caught the tail end Charlie’s, there are dozens of them chugging along in a row. 

DavidKlyne replied on 23/01/2020 22:16

Posted on 23/01/2020 10:39 by JVB66

We noted the same at Seacroft there were more motor caravans than caravans , there was always a queue at the bus stops or people from site walking into  and from Cromersurprised

Never saw any motor caravans in the Lidl store car park,wink which is out of town without transport linkwink

Posted on 23/01/2020 22:16

Why would anyone want to go to Lidl when there is a  very good Morrisons Supermarket in Cromer which has a far better selection than any Lidl I have been in and a shortish walk from the bus stop? 

KjellNN replied on 24/01/2020 09:52

Posted on 24/01/2020 09:52

Feeling much better this morning, having slept for 14 hours.  Thankfully I do not seem to have Callum's bug, so back to my tiling project again.

ABM replied on 24/01/2020 12:19

Posted on 24/01/2020 12:19

Gald to hear you're perking up again, K, I'm gently resting now having been for a stroll into the Bank to sort out my blooming credit card yell. The blithering thing has decided it will allow me to buy fuel but won't work inside the supermarkets proper, very annoying. So I've got a 5-day wait approximately for the replacement to arrive and an appointment with them on Monday to sort out and reorganise my various accounts { or so they think !! }. Still the stroll allowed me to collect my Meds from the f-f-pharmacy on the way home saving a trip out there smile

Tis a grey miserable looking day in South Cheshire although it's definitely not cold so I hope you all are getting your exercise before the rains arrive wink

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook