What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 24/01/2020 14:15

Posted on 24/01/2020 14:15

This weeks plans went awry and Mr Brue has been in charge of just about everything including catering, which I think has now reached it's zenith, nadir or possibly rock bottom?! wink But onwards and upwards and today I've watched the field behind us being ploughed, the giant silvery plough is a sight to behold, good to see it has finally been able to go out too. The knock on effect is lots of birds and our garden is full of feathery visitors...but will they vanish for the big birdwatch???

Good to hear KJ is feeling better. ABM that card business sounds v frustrating, everything goes well till it stops doesn't it and then it's just plain annoying.

Hope those away are enjoying their hols....hope WN gets the van sorted but at least you got away, I've been enjoying hearing about all the walks.

Tammygirl replied on 24/01/2020 14:57

Posted on 24/01/2020 14:57

Bit of a grey day today, not raining but not sunny like we have had in the previous days.

Ironing done this morning and then sorting out clothes ready for our up coming cruise and Rome stay. Strange packing clothes and them not being shorts, crops or T shirts.

Hoping the horrible weather that has been in the Med will have all blown away by next week, don't fancy being on board a cruise ship in what they've had this week. Dry and sunny will do hoping for temps around 15/16c.

OH gone to visit his Mum this afternoon and then pop into Asda for a few bits and pieces, I decided I wanted time to do a few things here. 

Back sore today after yesterdays marathon, of cleaning house windows and then helping OH do the 2 cars and the caravan phew! couldn't waste the nice weather as it was mild as well as sunny.

Next door neighbours (through the wall) have gone to Poland for the weekend with friends, looking forward to not getting woken up at 07.20 as happens when they are here. Its not the kids to blame but Mum, she seems to have a fetish for door and draw slamming yell Dad leaves the house at 06.30 without a sound smile

Anyone out and about this weekend hope you have a good time and the weather is good for you. Take care and drive safely.

Wherenext replied on 24/01/2020 19:32

Posted on 24/01/2020 19:32

A lot of different things happened today. Started off by doing a food shop. Noticed that the local Homebase is closing and a sale on. So we returned after shopping as I needed some things anyway. Packed!!!

Back home and finally got around to washing the weekends mud off the car. Could have done with having some Spinach first.smile

Lunch and then had an hour in the garden including sorting out the birds feeding stations as we needed a re-jig. Finally a chance for a bit of a rest but some workmen appeared and decided that the 3 telegraph posts nearest to us needed replacing. Had to move the caravan out of harms way.

Then, finally, a chance to sit down and tackle the cryptic crossword. Nope, a car drew up and out popped my former business partner who was passing our way and decided to have a catch up. 2 hours later and breathe....

Decided I would try the crossword in bed.

Where did the day go?

Takethedogalong replied on 24/01/2020 19:47

Posted on 24/01/2020 19:47

We are losing our Homebase as well sadly. It was a B&Q, then a Bunnings, then a Homebase. I found some bargains, but it leaves us with only Wickes now for DIY stuff locally, or smaller but slightly dearer options.

Similar sort of day to you WN, a big trip to recycle centre, then sort of pottering. Have confirmed a meet up though!😁

Wherenext replied on 24/01/2020 20:33

Posted on 24/01/2020 20:33

I wouldn't mind so much Ttda but we had a smashing family run business before Homebase opened up. The small business eventually conceded defeat and our nearest biggish DIY store is now miles away.

Enjoy your meet up.smile

nelliethehooker replied on 24/01/2020 20:38

Posted on 24/01/2020 20:38

Another dry day with some sunshine as we travelled down to Derbyshire, although it had clouded up by the time we arrived. Easy drive and  We were set up before 1:00. Gentle walk down to local church and found that the locals have converted a now unused telephone booth into a book swap repository. Managed to find a couple of books so back tomorrow with our swaps.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, kjell, and that you can we thing much clearer, brue.

TG our next door neighbour is very much like yours except it's the man that's a door banger. He also likes to run his motorbike for ages before setting off on it. Fortunately he is quiet when going to work at 6:45 am. It is good to be away from all that just the same.

ABM replied on 24/01/2020 21:15

Posted on 24/01/2020 21:15

Brue,

The credit card difficulty is not too annoying for me 'cos I always say that "Check-out Time" is the best part of shopping since I've got the goods AND, for a few more moments, the money as well  !! It can be aggravating tho'  for the rest of the folks in the queue waiting for me to trawl thro' my tightly packed wallet*** looking for the blooming Debit card - that's the one that grows roots and hides in the very remotest corners !!winkmoney-mouth

*** Little money but cards, cards and more cards ranging from  OAP Bus pass to B & Q Club card via library card , Caravan Club, R S P B , Green Flag etc etc etc plus the copy of Driving licence, insurance ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,,

Oneputt replied on 24/01/2020 21:17

Posted on 24/01/2020 21:17

Was going to take off in the van this weekend as I have a hospital appointment for a biopsy on Wednesday, still will hopefully get away next weekend.

Our Homebase closed a few years ago.  Tomorrow our large Coop store closes and will reopen as another Morrison’s.  For a smallish but growing town we will have 2 Morrison’s 

All those not feeling good get well soon.  Anyone travelling hope the weather stays ok for you

Takethedogalong replied on 24/01/2020 21:47

Posted on 24/01/2020 20:33 by Wherenext

I wouldn't mind so much Ttda but we had a smashing family run business before Homebase opened up. The small business eventually conceded defeat and our nearest biggish DIY store is now miles away.

Enjoy your meet up.smile

Posted on 24/01/2020 21:47

We still use a very nice local DIY business, try and support small shops if we can.

Best wishes to those not too well.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook