What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

cyberyacht replied on 24/02/2020 11:11

Posted on 24/02/2020 11:11

Wet and gusting 44 knots down here. Ventured up to the local shops for a 2 litre of red top. Had thought about cleaning the roof of the MH which is starting to show little bits of green around the hatches but decided to await better conditions. I think it may be some time looking at the forecast for the next week. Not much incentive to book anywhere ATM.

ABM replied on 24/02/2020 15:29

Posted on 24/02/2020 15:29

Rain stopped at about 10:30, but still windy but not enough to divert one from Sopping Duties.  OOPS that should read SHOPPING Duties, it's not that wet yet !!

CY have a chat with those clever folk a page or two back ==  they just might be able to identify whats growing up top !!  Could be a rare species  and worth a shekel or three money-mouth

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2020 17:37

Posted on 24/02/2020 17:37

Headed off to Ripon as the weather was a bit squiffy underfoot for any extended walking. Went to the cathedral. Unfortunately they are undertaking renovation of the Misericords and most of that area is off limits. Still, MiL pleased with what she saw. 

Then to the Royal Oak for a longish lunch which we all enjoyed.

Lots os extra surface water on the roads due to snow melt. 

Think we'll stay local tomorrow.

brue replied on 24/02/2020 17:48

Posted on 24/02/2020 17:48

Lots of rain here. Just spoken to son, they've had lots of snow in the NE. Hope you get safely off on your holiday TG and also the consultation goes well. I was surprised to see the sandstorm in the Canaries, it's amazing how far these things travel.

Hoping for one dry day this week to get out for a walk at NT Stourhead, dog walking rules have improved so we can take our new pet (all day dog walking just now, after March 7th, dogs allowed after 2pm) and might get lunch in the local Spread Eagle pub. Haven't had a meal out for ages!

Francis replied on 24/02/2020 18:04

Posted on 24/02/2020 18:04

Been very rainy here today and cold we had a bit of snow this morning. We are hoping to get away in the caravan this weekend but may not get as the weather is supposed to get worse and there is a possibility of snow. Will leave it until Wednesday before deciding  but hoping we will get. 

Oneputt replied on 24/02/2020 18:04

Posted on 24/02/2020 18:04

Windy but at least the rain has stopped.  Been trying to sort out a printer today but with little success.  Off to Bath and then Cheltenham tomorrow and Wednesday so hope the weather behaves.  Anyone else travelling take care. As I pass Diane T’s tomorrow I will give her a blast on the horn, she won’t hear but it’s the thought that counts as I think I missed her birthday 🎂🎂🥂

Cornersteady replied on 24/02/2020 18:16

Posted on 24/02/2020 18:16

I got up just before six this morning as I had to go to Consett, yes twice in three days but this time for business, and no snow then it started at 6 and really heavily, by 6.30 a good few inches. Got the call to say that Consett was more or less cut off and inadvisable to try to get there. At my wife's work people were taking four hours plus to get into Newcastle from there and the same from Northumberland north of Blyth.

But by 1pm all gone. And some late sunshine. 

Tammygirl replied on 24/02/2020 18:30

Posted on 24/02/2020 18:30

Well that was an interesting trip to see the consultant.

The appointment letter said Stirling, yet when we made the appointment we asked for Dundee, so OH phoned to check, yes its Stirling they said.

So off we set at midday today, slightly early due to the weather conditions. Arrived at hospital to be told your appointment isn't here its at Dundeeyell After of a bit of "discussion" with the office manager, a request from me for them to speak to Dundee, to see if the Consultant would see us at the end of his appointments, turned out he would. 

So about turn and drive from Stirling to Dundee (we live between the two). Thankfully the consultant was a lovely man and was happy to wait for us. The outcome was also good for the OH, nothing to worry about phew! he now has the all clear for us to go away and enjoy our holidays.  Letter will be in the post to our GP tonight, I'll call the holiday insurance tomorrow to let them know smile

Funny thing is the consultant  told us he only lives 500 mtrs down the road from us. OH and him had a great chat about the men's shed and his house he is doing up in France. laughing

Weather here is fine, rain rather than snow so lots of water on the roads, lots of  fields along the way were flooded and many of the rivers right at the top of their banks but none we could see that had breached. 

replied on 24/02/2020 18:38

Posted on 24/02/2020 18:38

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 24/02/2020 18:42

Posted on 24/02/2020 18:38 by

Pleased to hear all is well TG, enjoy your holiday.

Posted on 24/02/2020 18:42

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook