What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 24/02/2020 21:39

Posted on 24/02/2020 21:39

Looks as if it will be a rather expensive day on Friday for you, Kjell. Hope that all's sorted with the caravan during its service and you have no difficulty in towing to the tyre depot.

milliehull replied on 24/02/2020 21:48

Posted on 24/02/2020 21:48

Yes TG we are flying to Tenerife next Tuesday so hope the sandstorms have blown themselves out by then. We took the family to the airport on Saturday for their flight back to NI. All went well despite the high winds thankfully. I have since given the house a bit of a blitz and have today started to put things out on one of the spare beds ready for our trip. Got our currency today at a good rate. So glad your OH's appointment went well (in the end). Such a relief for you.

We had a great family week last week and even managed a couple of walks between the wind and rain. It was so good to see all the cousins having such good fun together. The house seems horribly quiet now but eldest grand-daughter and great grandson are coming over on Wednesday afternoon 😊 We took our little elderly cat Millie (17) to have her claws clipped this evening. Despite our lovely vet being very kind she was definitely not impressed and is now sulking in her bed 🥺

OP Dianne T's birthday was last week so give her an extra toot of the horn! Pleased your MIL got a trip to a cathedral WN. Havent been to Rippon. It is still on my to do list. Pleased to hear your kitchen is finished DK. I hope you are enjoying it. We had a look round our newly reburished JL when in town this morning. Very impressive but very different. I expect I will get used to it in time 🤔

I hope everyone stays warm and dry during this week.

Oneputt replied on 24/02/2020 23:18

Posted on 24/02/2020 23:18

Had a message from a friend in the canaries and sand and wind has ceased so good luck on your hols

KjellNN replied on 24/02/2020 23:47

Posted on 24/02/2020 21:39 by nelliethehooker

Looks as if it will be a rather expensive day on Friday for you, Kjell. Hope that all's sorted with the caravan during its service and you have no difficulty in towing to the tyre depot.

Posted on 24/02/2020 23:47

Thanks Nellie, it has been an expensive few months with tyres so far as we had 4 new ones on the Touareg and 4 on the Smart too back in October.

Not sure  how much longer we will be Caravanning, plus we are doing far fewer towing miles now we are not going abroad, so we are going for some less expensive tyres this time.  They always need changed due to age rather than wear anyway.

Just hope the water in the wardrobe is down to the strong winds we have had recently, and not a sign of anything dire.

I will need to check what the number of the supposedly closed road is and see if I can find some accurate info on exactly where it is closed.

Still waiting for a date for my  bone density scan.

DSB replied on 25/02/2020 08:26

Posted on 24/02/2020 23:47 by KjellNN

Thanks Nellie, it has been an expensive few months with tyres so far as we had 4 new ones on the Touareg and 4 on the Smart too back in October.

Not sure  how much longer we will be Caravanning, plus we are doing far fewer towing miles now we are not going abroad, so we are going for some less expensive tyres this time.  They always need changed due to age rather than wear anyway.

Just hope the water in the wardrobe is down to the strong winds we have had recently, and not a sign of anything dire.

I will need to check what the number of the supposedly closed road is and see if I can find some accurate info on exactly where it is closed.

Still waiting for a date for my  bone density scan.

Posted on 25/02/2020 08:26

Sorry to read of the problems KjellNN - hope you manage to get everything sorted, including the scan.  My outpatients appointment t was cancelled about a month ago - they said they would send me a new date, and I'm still waiting - I must chase that up.

I reckon I'm going to gave to go through the tyre change scenario soon, but I"ll probably only need one - the other one was replaced when I had a tyre go about 1 months ago.  The worst I gave had recently is the gas hose for the cadac which was past it's sell-by date.  Mind you, it could very well be easier to have the tyre changed than getting the regulator and the other connection put on the end of a new gas hose!!!  I did it eventually....

David

DSB replied on 25/02/2020 08:29

Posted on 24/02/2020 21:48 by milliehull

Yes TG we are flying to Tenerife next Tuesday so hope the sandstorms have blown themselves out by then. We took the family to the airport on Saturday for their flight back to NI. All went well despite the high winds thankfully. I have since given the house a bit of a blitz and have today started to put things out on one of the spare beds ready for our trip. Got our currency today at a good rate. So glad your OH's appointment went well (in the end). Such a relief for you.

We had a great family week last week and even managed a couple of walks between the wind and rain. It was so good to see all the cousins having such good fun together. The house seems horribly quiet now but eldest grand-daughter and great grandson are coming over on Wednesday afternoon 😊 We took our little elderly cat Millie (17) to have her claws clipped this evening. Despite our lovely vet being very kind she was definitely not impressed and is now sulking in her bed 🥺

OP Dianne T's birthday was last week so give her an extra toot of the horn! Pleased your MIL got a trip to a cathedral WN. Havent been to Rippon. It is still on my to do list. Pleased to hear your kitchen is finished DK. I hope you are enjoying it. We had a look round our newly reburished JL when in town this morning. Very impressive but very different. I expect I will get used to it in time 🤔

I hope everyone stays warm and dry during this week.

Posted on 25/02/2020 08:29

Enjoy Tenerife Millie.  I guess it must be crowded at the moment..... every other person I know seems to be there/ just been/ about to go.  Have a great time...

David

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2020 09:06

Posted on 25/02/2020 08:29 by DSB

Enjoy Tenerife Millie.  I guess it must be crowded at the moment..... every other person I know seems to be there/ just been/ about to go.  Have a great time...

David

Posted on 25/02/2020 09:06

Just got a headline news about a hotel in Tenerife? has been quarantined with a coronaviras  outbreaksurprised

KjellNN replied on 25/02/2020 15:25

Posted on 25/02/2020 15:25

Having checked on line,I cannot find any road closure on the route we were on yesterday, but to be on the safe side we will take that route when we go to pick up the van, hopefully on Friday, just to check.

Would be bad to find the road closed with the van attached!

Saw our GP this morning and she now has the results of my tests so far, which show a vitamin D deficiency too, so more pills to take.She also chased up the bone scan thing and I am supposed to receive a letter soon.  4 month wait apparently, so from referral that would be early April, just at the time we will be away.

OH saw optician this morning and got the all clear after her cataract removal, so one new lens now ordered up.

Check ups at dentist next week arranged.

cyberyacht replied on 25/02/2020 16:02

Posted on 25/02/2020 16:02

Managed to get up and clean around the hatches on the MH roof in between the showers. Can't believe how much muck accumulates. Not sure it wouldn't be easier to go all environmental and have a turf roof.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook