What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

RedKite replied on 24/02/2020 18:52

Posted on 24/02/2020 18:52

Good news TG and enjoy your holiday.   Have had a lovely few days here upto 20C today  but all change from tomorrow with rain and wind possibly for the next fortnight not good so we have been busy in the garden OH with ride on for part of the plot as low on fuel then helped me put three more hedging shrubs in just wish we had lovely soft soil instead of solid stone on most of the plot so OH got his big hammer/drill kit out eventually got enough depth for me to plant the shrubs looks a lot better now I also put two new lavender plants, both now got a few aches but  prefer to be outside than stuck inside, will have to find a few indoor chores now rain on the way.

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2020 18:52

Posted on 24/02/2020 18:52

TG, we know the feeling well.yellsmile (that is, hospital appointments admin being all over the place).

At least it turned out well. All you've got to do now is get there! Best of luck.

Takethedogalong replied on 24/02/2020 19:13

Posted on 24/02/2020 19:13

Good news TG👍

Tree day went well here. Hard rain first thing this morning, but luckily it eased off and we did get a touch of sunshine before strong winds arrived. Our trees no longer sway madly now......neighbours are booking in to get theirs sorted. We now have lots of lovely firewood, which will mature nicely in our big garage, and lots of chippings for garden. Just need it to dry up nicely for a few weeks now. Pond is full of frogspawn, daffs are coming out, snowdrops and crocus in full glory. Spotted some snakeshead fritts doing well so far, they should be lovely later on.

nelliethehooker replied on 24/02/2020 20:29

Posted on 23/02/2020 23:37 by KjellNN

First stop is CAMC Silverbank  at Banchory, to visit OH's second cousin in Aberdeen, then north to a CL Gamrie Bay.

After that possibly CCC Dingwall, then CCC Poolewe, then south possibly to Glencoe.  Decisions still to be made!

Cannot justify the cost of CAMC sites over Easter, so will be using CLs and CCC sites.........Easter in Scotland is not a peak period with the CCC, plus we get the over 60s discount

Posted on 24/02/2020 20:29

Have you used the CL at Gamrie before, Kjell? If so it must be decent for you to return, if not would you please let me know what you think of it, please?

KjellNN replied on 24/02/2020 20:46

Posted on 24/02/2020 20:46

No, we have not stopped in that area before, but the reviews are good.  Will post a review after we return home.

They request a £30 deposit if booking more than, if I remember correctly, 3 nights.  Looks good in the photos.

nelliethehooker replied on 24/02/2020 20:46

Posted on 24/02/2020 20:46

Glad that your OH's consultation went well TG and you can get away as planned. You could ask for a house call next time as it would be easier and cheaper all round. Our local NHS too have admin problems......I was promised an appointment for a bone density scan and requested a phone call giving the date as we are away. They sent out a letter to home but fortunately our son went up from W Midlands for a few days last week and found the letter. They wanted me there during 1st week in March when we're still on tour. Phoned up and although they hadn't started their April diary they started it for me and let me choose when I wanted to go. So well done Kendal Hospital X-Ray dept.

nelliethehooker replied on 24/02/2020 20:48

Posted on 24/02/2020 20:46 by KjellNN

No, we have not stopped in that area before, but the reviews are good.  Will post a review after we return home.

They request a £30 deposit if booking more than, if I remember correctly, 3 nights.  Looks good in the photos.

Posted on 24/02/2020 20:48

Thanks, Kjell. One to mark up for a future visit, by the look of it.

nelliethehooker replied on 24/02/2020 20:56

Posted on 24/02/2020 20:56

Glad that you got the trees trimmed ok, Tda, considering the weather you've been having lately.

Shame that part of the cathedral was a no go area but pleased that you were able to see most of it. Hope that you don't have any more snow tomorrow,and can get out and about.

It rained for most of the morning and some of the afternoon here. Managed an hour or so walk in Tunstall Forest, but needed wellies and brollies to keep dry. Onto Orford but too damp and windy to get a decent walk so only a short look round. Most jobs done now in preparation for our next move tomorrow.

Tammygirl replied on 24/02/2020 21:23

Posted on 24/02/2020 21:23

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

NTH, when OH found out the consultant lived so close to us his words were "you could have made a home visit" laughing Glad you have your appointment sorted.

If it had been the NHS I suppose we would have understood, given how busy they are but when you are paying for the appointment, the least they can do is get the right city, instead of adding 80 miles to the distance you have to travel. Still the outcome was good so ...........

TDA you did well to get the trees done given the conditions, we have snow drops and crocus out but daffs still not fully through yet.

Redkite, isn't it a good feeling getting out in the garden, I managed a couple of hours on Sunday in the front garden in the sunshine, made me feel so much better and the garden looked good to wink

KjellNN replied on 24/02/2020 21:30

Posted on 24/02/2020 21:30

Made it to the dealer with the van today, and home again......eventually!

We had decided to set out at 13.00, after an early lunch, so after breakfast I went out to remove the security and check tyre pressures, only to discover one tyre was completely flat.  Tyres are now 6 years old, so decided to bite the bullet and invest in 5 new ones.

Last time we changed them we purchased on line and had them delivered to our dealer to fit, as we have Tyron bands, so rang them to check the weather there and make sure they were OK with this arrangement.  However it turns out they no longer have the equipment to remove/replace tyres so gave us the details of the tyre place they use, which was reputed to be about a 10 minute drive from them.

OH rang and got some prices, so we decided to check out the position and the access for a large van on our way home.  Meantime I was dispatched to check the van was sufficiently empty, which, having removed a few more things, I decided it was.

( you all know what is going to happen now!)

After lunch and getting the van out onto the street, OH went in to check it herself........only to find that I had not done a good job!  So that took a while to remedy, and while doing so she found water in the wardrobe.  surprised

Not a lot, and probably had blown in either round the aerial mount or the awning light, so that went on the list to be checked out.  I also noticed that our jockey wheel is losing its rubber, so that will be more expense.

We did eventually set off at 14.45, the weather was not too bad and the trip uneventful, so arrived about 15.45 and got booked in, arranging that, all being well, we would pick up the van again on Friday morning.

Set off for the tyre place, more like 15 minutes drive, only to find the road was closed and we had to make a fair detour, which took us along some not very good roads, which I do not fancy towing the van on, so will need to find a different route before Friday. We were also getting low on fuel.

Half an hour later, and with only 20 minutes to spare till they closed, we managed to find it and ordered the tyres.  Access is good, the only downside will be that they charge £10 extra per wheel for Tyron bands.

By this time, almost 17.00, the rush hour was in full swing, and we needed to find fuel, so headed for a Morrison's in the direction of home, and, with the credit card almost £100 worse off, took an interesting "cross country" route to avoid the queues on the M8, arriving home at 18.05.

So we have had a  circular tour of greater Glasgow, it was 12 miles further than getting there, and seen places we have not been to before.

I am still wondering if that road really was closed!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook