Fuel discount card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 06/02/2020 16:43

Posted on 06/02/2020 16:43

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that some of you will be receiving an email from Pump King’s customer service to advise that Pump King has been purchased by Horizon Fuel Limited and will now operate under Fuelpecker.

Fuelpecker has listened to customer feedback and developed set discounts off the pump price which means guaranteed savings and therefore no more weekly fuel price text messages or variable savings. Fuelpecker has also expanded the network to include Shell petrol stations. In addition, the Fuelpecker set discounts are now available in Europe so you can save whilst travelling.

Your Pump-King account will be cancelled and your information will be securely Deleted User from Pump-King on the 17th February 2020. Therefore your Pump-King card will not work after the 17th February 2020.

To continue benefiting from discounted fuel, you will need to sign up for your new Fuelpecker discount card here: Fuelpecker

We hope you take advantage of the new benefits with Fuelpecker.  For more information and FAQs please visit the Fuelpecker website. smile

Welshvip replied on 15/02/2020 09:01

Posted on 14/02/2020 20:39 by Fozzie

Has anyone had trouble registering their new card.When logging on is says click on “Activate my discount card” I do not get this.All I get is a mob number and password entry form from which I have failed numerous times to enter password.

Even a password change request has now failed.

Posted on 15/02/2020 09:01

Hi Fozzie.  I had similar action when I first tried to activate . I in the end  e,mailed Fuelpecker. They sent me a different activating code and this was then successful 

Fozzie replied on 15/02/2020 09:17

Posted on 15/02/2020 09:17

Welshvip

Well I somehow managed it,I went back into the pump king site and followed instructions on there.

Up popped a card where I could enter the long number.Also I haven’t a clue what password was entered as it does not contain any numbers or symbols.

At least my new pin code is not on the front of the card now.

Rufs replied on 20/02/2020 15:10

Posted on 20/02/2020 15:10

just a heads up, used the new Fuel Pecker card today, worked just fine, regular diesel 118p per ltr at Esso garage, this was with the 4p discount. The fuel card looks almost identical to the Pumking card.

muddybikers replied on 28/02/2020 08:56

Posted on 28/02/2020 08:56

Lots of valid concerns on this site and possibly some prejudiced comments (both ways), to-boot. 

To me the FP card looks like a "last resort" and I'm in no hurry to sign up.

I did find the Pump-King card was incredibly useful on motorways: sometimes reducing the inflated pump prices by around 30p/l, and eliminating the need to gamble on the run to an unknown off-motorway station of unknown caravan-suitability.

Hence, for me, the big question, is "does anyone know of an alternative card that offers similar, fixed price deal to PK?" 

cyberyacht replied on 28/02/2020 10:59

Posted on 28/02/2020 10:59

..and eliminating the need to gamble on the run to an unknown off-motorway station of unknown caravan-suitability.

That's what GoogleEarth is for. wink You should have a rough idea of when you will need to refuel so you check out fuel stops in that area.

Wanderer19TB replied on 30/03/2020 09:22

Posted on 30/03/2020 09:22

I used the old card found it very useful for car and motorcycle. Applied for the new card and have used it half a dozen times, works very well. Discount applied makes it very competitive, especially when you use petrol prices website. However the card cannot compete with Asda who did a 12p a litre discount nationwide. At least they pass on the price of the oil barrel significantly dropping. Some garages have failed to pass on any savings at all since this oil price dropped. Conversely they would not hesitate to raise the pump price immediately. But prior to this very pleased with the new card.

DerekandJudith replied on 04/07/2020 17:12

Posted on 04/07/2020 17:12

Has anybody had any issues with the actual process of being charged by FP. Everything was going well until in March I bought some Premier Diesel and FP recorded it as standard diesel and only applied the 4p discount. I managed to get this sorted out in April. They 1. credited the wrong amount and 2. charged the correct amount. All went well again until the end of May. On 27th they suddenly charged me again with an amount adding up to 1 + 2 (above). In other words they charged me for fuel I had not bought. After no response to my complaints I referred it to Mastercard and they basically have agreed with me as they credited me with the invalid amount charged by FP on 27th May. Those very nice people in FP have now lost the plot as they have blocked my card due to a payment being blocked by Mastercard. CAMC what have you done to us? You've introduced us to a company who appears to have no staff, no procedures and don't seem to understand that Mastercard believes that they have made an illegal charge on my account. AND, to agree with earlier comments, they provide no information on how to contact them. I only achieved it the first time (back in March) by replying to the email in which they sent the invoice. This has failed this time around. I am about to contact the club and seek their views. BEWARE everybody

Wanderer19TB replied on 04/07/2020 20:38

Posted on 04/07/2020 20:38

I did have an issue with them but this was resolved. I believe you can email them from your account, you can leave them a message, and they may reply. Would be nice to speak to someone direct 

Rufs replied on 05/07/2020 08:47

Posted on 05/07/2020 08:47

Had a problem with my card not working which was embarrasing as i had no other method of payment on me at the time, contacted FP, they replied asking for time date petrol station etc of fill up and then they came back and said that they had tracked down problem to a temp network failure with Esso, they gave me a credit of £2.50 for my inconvenience, not much be better than a slap in the face, found them very efficient.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook