An American-themed restaurant and bar serving a delicious range of classic American cuisine from steaks, ribs and burger...View and Book
Cockles Caravan Park
North Pill, Saltash, Cornwall, PL12 6LQView on map
Why stay here ...
New for 2019
Your Gateway to SE Cornwall, SW Devon and Plymouth.
- The perfect base to explore the truly glorious Tamar Valley, Dartmoor, Bodmin Moor and the Coast, as a stop before heading further West or simply as an overnight stay before joining the Roscoff Ferry to the continent.
- A small site situated in the country side adjacent to the impressive China Fleet Club golf course and country club with spa, restaurant and riverside walk.
- The Cornish gateway town of Saltash on the banks of the beautiful River Tamar is home of the world-renowned Royal Albert Bridge (IK Brunel 1859) and iconic Tamar Bridge.
- 5 minutes from the A38 with good access for larger outfits.
- Most of Devon and Cornwall within day trip distance.
- Each pitch has an electrical hook up.
- Services point for water, waste disposal and recycling.
- Honesty box stall for fresh eggs and home-grown vegetables.
Local Shops and Services
- Town centre including a Co-op, Post office, Newsagents, pubs and railway station.
- Retail parks with Waitrose, Lidl, The Food Warehouse (Iceland), McDonalds and Costa Coffee.
- Don't miss a coffee in Ashtorre or a glass of wine in Just Be on the Waterfront.
- Nearest caravan spares are at Tamar Trailers Plymouth.
Things to See and Do
- Dartmoor, Bodmin Moor and the SW Coastal footpath are all easily accessible within a 30 minute drive.
Plymouth Shopping and Attractions
- Plymouth City Centre is 15 minutes away with the historic Hoe, Barbican & Royal William Yard.
- Attractions include the Theatre Royal and "Messenger" statue, The National Aquarium, Vue and Imax cinemas, tenpin bowling, Drake Circus indoor shopping mall and a varied selection of restaurants.
- East Cornwall - Seaton, Looe, Whitsand Bay, Lantic Bay, Lansallos cove
- South Devon- Bigbury, Thurlestone, Bantham, Soar Cove
- Cotehele House (20 minutes); Saltram House (20 minutes); Pentillie Castle (10 minutes); Antony House (30 minutes); Mount Edgcumbe Country Park (35 minutes).
- Tamar Valley Mining World Heritage Site.
Sport and Leisure
- Other Golf courses - St Mellion International (10 minutes); Whitsand bay (20 minutes); Moorland Links (15 minutes)
- Sea Fishing from Looe
- Paddle boarding and canoeing hire available on the River Tamar.
- The Tamar Valley Lin Railway Trip with riverside villages a walk and pub lunch.
- The Looe Branch line via Liskeard with bus trip to Polperro
- River Cruises up the River Ramar and River Yealm.
- Ferry, The Red Pig and walking loop from Plymouth Barbican to Cawsand, through Mt Edgcumbe then the Cremyl ferry back to Plymouth with bus trip back to the Barbican.
For the Children
- Active-8 Cornwall for mountain biking, coasteering, climbing, abseiling, off-road driving, canoeing, surfing, horse riding and much more!
- The Tamar Valley Donkey Park and all-weather attraction.
- Adrenalin aqua park, karting, zipwire, coasteering.
- Dartmoor Zoological Garden.
- Just ask for the special local spots "just off the beaten track" or other interesting places to visit throughout Devon and Cornwall.
For more information please visit our Facebook page.
Latest arrival time: 6:00 PM
Latest departure time: 11:00 AM
Some sloping pitches
Electric amperage: 16
Commercial site adjacent
Great savings on days out
Offers available to Club members
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- PL12 6LQ
- Lat 50.417899 / Lon -4.217233
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Plymouth City Centre, Plymouth Mount Batten, Penzance, Looe/Polperro, Launceston, Liskeard, Bodmin, Callington, London
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest port: Plymouth (6 miles)
- Nearest train station: Saltash
- Park and ride goes to Plymouth City Centre and Derriford
- Park and ride within 5 miles
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review