Taking your caravan on DFDS ferries
DFDS offer Channel crossings that arrive in Dunkirk and Calais, as well as an overnight service to Ijmuiden, near Amsterdam.
DFDS routes from the UK:
- Dover to Dunkirk – 2 hours
- Dover to Calais - 90 minutes
- Newhaven – Dieppe 4 hours*
- Newcastle to Ijmuiden - 13 hours (overnight)
* Due to system connectivity constraints, we cannot currently book this route. We`re working with DFDS on a fix but in the meantime if you want to book this route please visit www.dfdsseaways.co.uk
The ships running to and from Dover have plenty of seating space, two cafes and a restaurant. There is also a duty free shop and play area for children.
The ships running between Newcastle and Ijmuiden have a selection of on-board restaurants and bars, as well as a club, cinema and casino. There is also live entertainment and children’s entertainment.
Pets can travel on-board DFDS ships under the DEFRA Pet Travel Scheme (PETS). You can visit pets on crossings to and from Dover by arrangement with the on-board crew. On the Newcastle to Ijmuiden route, pets are accommodated from £19 each way and can be kept in the kennels.
Watch the ferry experience