Brightlingsea Road, Thorrington, Essex, CO7 8JJView on map
Why stay here ...
Sarah & Stuart would like to welcome you to our unique friendly CL. Please see our pictures of some of the facilities we have to offer. We have a large games room area with pool table and cinema with WiFi available. This is a new adventure for our family and hope to soon have even more facilities for all to enjoy. We look forward to meeting/greeting you.
On our site you will have wonderful views over the creek as you watch the tide edd and flow on the Colne Estuary. Your gaze will also be met with the Thorrington Tide Mill (03330 138156) a fully restored tidal mill built in 1831. It is now owned by Essex County Council and opened as a museum between April and September on the last Sunday of every month including some bank holidays and special mill open days. If you venture down to the mill and beyond by foot, there's glorious bird watching along the Colne Estuary, with footpaths leading directly down to the water. Enjoy the sandy beaches around Brightlingsea - lined with beach huts and backed by a long promenade. This environment attracts a lot of wildlife, the site offers an excellent base for bird watching and scenic walks.
Nearby are coastal towns such as Brightlingsea, Wivenhoe, Manningtree, Frinton-on-Sea, Clacton-on-Sea and Walton-on-the-Naze, each with plenty of attractions. Take a day out to nearby Essex Wildlife Trust sites such as Fingringhoe, Walton-on-the-Naze and Abberton Reservoir or head inland to Colchester, Britain's oldest recorded town (20 minutes in the car). The village of Dedham is also a particular joy, in the heart of Constable country (25 minutes by car). It was here that Britain's greatest landscape artist went to school and today the main street is lined with attractive Georgian houses, old inns and a large art/crafts centre.
There are supermarkets in nearby Brightlingsea, while Thorrington itself, offers a local store for basic supplies and a great local pub, The Red Lion (01206 252001).
The nearest railway station is Alresford, exactly 2.5 miles away. From here you'll have to grab a taxi. Try Nwc Taxis (01206 302491) or V P Cars (01206 825001).
Check in is from 1pm and departure is by 10am.
Our family love spending time in the local area. Here are some of our favourites.
Things to do:
- Brightlingsea walk (approximately 7 miles) - This attractive coastal town is located in the Tendring district of Essex. There are some lovely walking trails along the Colne Estuary to enjoy here.
- Wivenhoe Trail (approximately 5 miles) - Head north from the town and you can visit Wivenhoe. Here you can pick up the Wivenhoe Trail and follow it into Colchester.
- The Rosebud Pub & Seafood Restaurant
- Brightlingsea Museum
- Mersea Island
- Colchester Zoo
- Clacton Pier
- Lady Grace Boat Trips
- Colchester Natural History Museum
- Abberton Resevoir Nature Reserve
- Mercury Theatre
- Brightlingsea Regatta
- Brightlingsea Music Festival
- Cudmore Grove Mersea Island
- Firstsite - Visual arts
- The Minories Art Gallery & Cafe
Latest arrival time: 10:00 PM
Latest departure time: 10:00 AM
Some sloping pitches
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- CO7 8JJ
- Lat 51.835105 / Lon 1.024648
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Brightlingsea, Colchester
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest port: Harwich (16 miles)
- Nearest train station: Alresford
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review