Dauby Lane, Kexby, York, North Yorkshire, YO41 5LHView on map
Why stay here ...
Our newly opened, family run CL is in open country screened with both new and mature trees and hedges and ideally placed for York which is 4 miles away and rich in ancient history. Electric hook up available from 2021. Price from £14.00 per night.
The site is adjacent to our RHS Gold Medal winning Nursery and extensive Gardens, including a new Railway Garden with a 1902 GNR Clerestory Luggage Brake Van which is being restored. On Fridays throughout summer the garden is open and Afternoon Teas/Cream Teas and cakes are available. Park & Ride into the City is just 3 miles away.
Other nearby attractions include:
- York Minster, the largest gothic cathedral in northern Europe.
- Castle Howard, Newby Hall, Burton Agnes, Beningbrough Hall, are some of Yorkshire's finest stately homes and gardens all less than an hours’ drive away.
- The National railway museum allows you to get up close to over 200 years of history and the giant halls contain railway legends such as Mallard - the world's fastest steam locomotive, Japanese Bullet Train and Royal Trains including Queen Victoria's saloon.
- Jorvik Viking Centre - explore houses, workshops and backyards of the Viking-age as it stood 1000 years ago.
- Cruise on the river Ouse, you can escape the hustle and bustle of the City by taking a daytime cruise on the River.
- Yorkshire Air Museum, 2 miles away, is the home of the Allied Air Forces Memorial situated in a 22 acre parkland site on the former World War II RAF Bomber Command Station at Elvington.
- York Racecourse hosts, among others, the Ebor Festival which is a four day race meeting held each August (Ladies Day is traditionally held on the Thursday).
- Flamingo Land - theme park and zoo - one of the top theme parks in the UK.
- The York Maze, 2 miles away, large maize maze open July to September.
- Discover Filey with its sweep of soft golden sand one of the best in the country.
- Scarborough, the original seaside resort.
- Bridlington, enjoy a good old fashioned Yorkshire coast town and enjoy its peaceful promenades, historic harbour and sandy beaches.
- Whitby, the jewel in the crown of the Yorkshire coast, encircled by wild North York Moors and edged by a spectacular coastline with the highest cliffs in England this area is one of striking natural beauty.
- Dick Turpin's Grave is in George Street Cemetery in York - the stone marks the spot where his friends brought the famous highwayman and horse stealer after his execution at the York Tyburn 1739.
- Eden Camp Museum is a large WW2 related museum near Malton occupying a former Second World War prisoner of war camp of 33 huts.
- Harrogate, The Yorkshire Dales and Wolds are all within easy reach for a day out.
- The North York Moors, a national park with one of the largest expanses of heather moorland.
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway, a heritage railway running through North York Moors National Park.
Plus numerous golf clubs and fishing lakes close by.
On arrival, please access the site with the code previously given to you, your pitch number will be in the information hut if we are not available to welcome you. If you have any problems finding our CL, please call and we will do our best to help.
Latest arrival time: 7:00 PM
Latest departure time: 11:00 AM
Minimum stay 3 nights (applies weekends)
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- YO41 5LH
- Lat 53.94862 / Lon -0.942056
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: York, Hull, Bridlington, Scarborough
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest port: Hull (31 miles)
- Nearest train station: York
- Park and ride goes to York City Centre
- Park and ride within 5 miles
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review