Wrekin View Caravan Site
Laburnum Cottage, Sandy Lane, Withington, Near Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY4 4PTView on map
Why stay here ...
The site is secluded and quiet with a view of one of Shropshire's best known landmarks, the Wrekin Hill which is just a short drive away and is ideal for walking and enjoying the splendid views.
There are eight pubs within three miles of the park including a real ale pub in the village and the majority of these pubs offer good home cooked food.
For those who enjoy cycling we are located on Route 81 National Cycle Route and for walkers there is an extensive network of local foot paths and lanes.
The medieval town of Shrewsbury, which is the birth place of Charles Darwin, is just five miles away. A busy town set in the loop of the River Severn with a Castle and a diverse range of shops, museums, restaurants, theatre and a cinema.
Other things to do nearby include:-
- The World Heritage Site of Ironbridge, the birthplace of industry, with many museums.
- Wroxeter Roman City (English Heritage) and Wroxeter Roman Vineyard.
- The National Trust property Attingham Park - a popular mansion house and estate with a beautiful walled garden and woodland walks.
- Much Wenlock the home of the modern day Olympic Games is a small Shropshire medieval town which is quintessentially English.
- The Severn Valley Steam Railway which runs from Bridgnorth to Kidderminster.
- The Royal Air Force Museum at Cosford.
- The modern shopping centre at Telford.
There is a caravan washing facility at the site which is complimentary.
Free use of barn, with electricity, tables etc for 'get togethers'.
Brian and Josie look forward to welcoming you to their CL.
For more information please see our website.
Latest arrival time: 8:00 PM
Electric amperage: 16
Log in to write a review