Archery, air rifle shooting, canoe hire, white water rafting, kayaking, climbing, abseiling and more!View and Book
Lady Margaret's Park Club Campsite
Chirk, Wrexham, Wrexham, LL14 5AA, WalesView on map
Why stay here ...
10% OFF Spring Getaways - Save 10% per night on both people and pitch price when you book three nights or more for stays between 2 April and 31 May 2024. Book by 16 May 2024, a minimum of 14 days in advance of arrival (discount automatically applied in your basket at checkout). Find out more at camc.com/springgetaways.
LOW 10% refundable deposit & FREE cancellations*
Great news - We’re running a fast check-in trial at this campsite. Five days prior to your arrival, you will receive instructions by Text on how to use fast check-in and to confirm your vehicle registration. For more information visit camc.com/fastcheckin.
Lady Margaret's Park Club Campsite - reopened on 11 December 2022 following extensive redevelopments including:
- New facilities block featuring level access, dishwashing facilities, laundry and an inclusive bathroom
- More pitches added and we've converted a number of grass pitches to hardstanding
- More premium pitches which are larger than standard and feature an all-weather surface
- Premium pitches include; illuminated EHU bollard, drinking water facilities, individual ground-level connection for grey water disposal, hedge for privacy and a picnic bench
- New bike/dog wash
- Use of green renewables for the facilities block - heat recovery system/air source heat pump, solar PV
- Brand new play area
- New dedicated electric vehicle (EV) charging station in the car park (fee applicable)
Following your feedback, we’re also trialling a number of new aspects:
- A new toilet block design with dual access allowing it to remain open during cleaning, just with reduced facilities for a period of time
- Adding an Accessible toilet as well as the Accessible bathroom already on site, improving services for our members with accessibility needs
- Re-naming Family bathrooms to Inclusive bathrooms
- New signage within the facility block to make it clearer what's behind the door
- New "look and feel" interior designs with some great member photography on display
Lady Margaret's Park Club Campsite boasts a range of pitches that are located in intimate tree-shaded glades and in open grassed areas. A pretty wooded parkland caravan site, the area is adjacent to the grounds of Chirk Castle in the heart of Marcher country. The castle remains the last Edward I Welsh castle still lived in today and features the award-winning gardens with thatched 'Hawk House', shrub garden, lime tree avenue and yew topiary. There are plenty of walks to enjoy in the local area and also a lovely dog walk from the site.
There are several historic houses and castles to visit that are characteristic of Chirk and located right on the doorstep of Lady Margaret's Park Club Campsite. Further afield there are opportunities to explore the Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty such as Ceiriog Valley, the Berwyn Mountains and Pistyll Rhaeadr, the highest waterfall in Wales. At Llangollen, train enthusiasts can view the scenic Dee Valley by steam train or by canal boat providing a momentary rest. You might also consider a visit to the National Trust property, Erddig, reported to be one of Britain's finest historic houses. After a hard day's sightseeing, you will find a selection of restaurants in the area offering incredibly good value and quality.
*Book a stay at any UK Club campsite with a LOW 10% fully refundable deposit per booking and FREE cancellations and amendments up to 21 days before arrival (minimum deposit £20). Applies to any non-promotional booking.
Great savings on days out
Offers available to Club members
From North: turn right off A483 (Wrexham-Oswestry) at the Halton roundabout 8 miles past Wrexham onto the A5. At the next roundabout turn left onto B5070 (signposted Chirk). In 1.5 miles at the War Memorial in the centre of town (opposite Hand Hotel) turn right. In 0.5 mile (350 yards over railway bridge) turn left before ornamental gates (Chirk Castle) into private road.
From South (Llangollen): Take the A5 Llangollen for approximately 5.5 miles until you reach a roundabout. Take the 2nd turning signposted Chirk B5070. In 1.5 miles at the War Memorial in the centre of town (opposite Hand Hotel) turn right. In 0.5 mile (350 yards over railway bridge) turn left before ornamental gates (Chirk Castle) into private road.
- LL14 5AA
- Lat 52.92975 / Lon -3.06899
- Plan a route to this site
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Handbook map ref:
- Bus stop within 1 mile
- Buses go to: Llangollen and Wrexham
- Daily public Transport within 1 mile
- Nearest park and ride: Shrewsbury
- Nearest train station: Chirk
- Shop within 1 mile
- Train station within 5 miles
Log in to write a review
Site contact details
- 01691 777200