Read more about previous redevelopments
Scarborough West Ayton Club Campsite, North Yorkshire
Scarborough West Ayton Club Campsite has now reopened following extensive redevelopments including new facilities blocks (featuring level access) as well as new serviced and premium pitches, improvements to the games room and play area within the playing field and new dedicated electric vehicle (EV) charging in the car park.
Cayton Village Club Campsite, North Yorkshire
The Cayton Village Club Site has undergone an incredible multi-million pound transformation. The updates will see the development of a brand new, high-quality site kitted out with:
- Two new, high-quality central washroom facility buildings, an enclosed playground and a multi-use games area.
- More available touring pitches.
- Re-designed roads and pitch layouts.
- A brand new Premium pitch type.
- Four service points, two drive over motor van waste points and electric vehicle charging points.
- A refurbished the welcome desk (reception) and shop.
- A designated dog walking area and a new mixed area for camping and campervans.
The Penrhos Club Site in Anglesey is in the second phase of its half a million pound re-development. New serviced pitches were introduced to the site in the winter of 2018, and the Club is building on these developments to add more new facilities for the 2020 touring season.
The site’s redevelopments will include:
- A new accessible facility block including an accessible bathroom
- A dish-washing area and laundry room
- Family washroom
- A redesigned site reception
- A new information room is being built
- A small number of additional pitches
- An all-important new motor van waste point will be put in a convenient location
Brighton, East Sussex
During the winter of 2019, Phase 1 of a 3 phased project began to de-compact the hardstanding pitches at the site. The site is situated on chalk meaning that the surface is particularly hard to penetrate, and for members who wish to peg in awnings, this makes it almost impossible to do. We have listened to feedback from members and will be undertaking this work over the next 3 winter periods to ensure that the site can remain open the whole time.
In addition to this, we will also be introducing 23 more serviced pitches to the site as there is a demand for more of this pitch type at this site.
Battle Normanhurst Court, East Sussex
During the winter period of 2019/2020, this site will underwent works to improve and preserve the historic retaining walls at the site of this former grand estate.
In addition, some essential works to improve some of the roads will take place, the introduction of a new style motorvan waste point and the replacement of some playground equipment. Finally, some new serviced pitches will be installed at the site as well as some grass pitches being converted to hardstanding.
Commons Wood, Hertfordshire
- Upgrading the washroom facilities
- New washing up and vegetable prep area
Bridlington, East Yorkshire
- 81 additional pitches with improved access (10 of which are fully serviced and 7 of the new pitches are 12m long to accommodate larger outfits)
- New motorhome waste points
- New bathroom and shower facilities
Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire
- Relocate new reception and new all-weather pitches
The Howard, Rosedale Abbey, North Yorkshire
- New all-weather pitches
- Upgraded roadway in the paddock
Meathop Fell, Cumbria
- Resurfacing access and site roads
- Serviced pitches and essential site works
Tewkesbury Abbey, Gloucestershire
- New toilet block and motorhome waste points
- New pitches and serviced pitches
- Site wide improvements
- Play area and workshop plus general site-wide improvements
Alderstead Heath, Surrey
- Refurbishing upper toilet block, although the site will remain open during these works
Thetford Forest, Norfolk
- New barriers and reception
- Storage improvements
Abbey Wood, London
- Additional all-weather pitches and new motorhome waste points.
- New barriers and site entrance improvements
- Surface water drainage and motorhome waste points