Hortham Farm - Wood View
Hortham Lane, Almondsbury, Bristol, Bristol, BS32 4JWView on map
Why stay here ...
- The ideal overnight stop to break your journey along the M4/M5 motorways.
- Great location for Bristol city breaks, Bristol hospitals, Bristol & UWE universities.
- The closest farm based CL to Bristol.
- Dogs welcome, 200 acres of farmland and woods, direct access to local footpaths.
- Fresh produce available.
- All hardstanding pitches.
- 10 Amp electric hook up.
- Stand pipes & chemical waste disposal, recycling.
- Avon Cycle Way 1 mile.
- AWS repair centre on site.
- City break (building/clock tower) many members stay with us to visit friends & family or explore Bristol.
- Great stop over location (many members stay with us as a convenient stop over on the way to Devon/Cornwall/South Wales).
- Based on a working farm, we are a 200 arce arable farm.
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- BS32 4JW
- Lat 51.55829 / Lon -2.54204
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest train station: Bristol Parkway
Log in to write a review
Booked for one night to stop off on the way south easy access from the M5 .It is situated close to the M5 and you obviously get some road noise but that wasn’t a problem didn’t keep us a wake or that loud you could hear it over the tv . We would use this CL again no problem
This was our second stay on Hortham Farm, we've also stayed on Field View. As we pretty much live in our motorhome 365, we've stayed on a good number of CLs. Hortham Farm ranks right up there as one of the best. Booking is really easy - we've done it by email one time and got a really quick reply. Also booked by phone at the last minute. The farm is really well signposted down Hortham Lane and there is a Stop Info board just inside the entrance advising you to walk on to the box on the fence where you receive an envelope with your name on it ... All the information about the site and instructions are clear. You recycle the envelope with the correct money into a different box ... No wondering how and who you pay. The pitches are large and all have hard standing. All level. Last night we fitted an 8 m+ motorhome and an estate car nose to nose on the hard standing. Each pitch has hedging so you have privacy. Grass is cut short. As previous reviewers have said, some pitches have a water tap. Bins and Chem toilet emptying are all kept really clean, as is the whole site. There's even a motorhome / caravan repair business on site, should you need it! The security gate shuts in the evening, so the site is very secure. You are given a code should you need to leave or arrive late. There's even a late arrivals pitch with electric! It is an excellent location as it is only minutes to the M4/5 junction and there are buses about a mile away into the centre of Bristol. There is some road noise from the motorway, but it is a steady low noise so you can quickly tune it out. Otherwise it is really quiet. Seriously, if you want to stay in the area, we thoroughly recommend Hortham Farm.
Well laid out site with individual pitches with hedges between. Had hook up and water on our pitch and felt more like a serviced pitch than a standard CL pitch. Had to share water tap but no hardship as enables you to chat to fellow campers. View to die for as it made you feel right in the heart of the country rather than a few miles from a motorway. Field opposite had just been harvested and rolls/bales of hay all around. Spotted bird of prey resting on one of the bales. Written instructions were very clear and helpful. Will certainly visit again.