Heniker Lane, Sutton Valence, Maidstone, Kent, ME17 3EDView on map
Why stay here ...
Please Note: During COVID-19 crisis all communal areas and facilities including the shower and toilet will need to be closed according to the current government guidance at the time of your stay. During such times, visitors will therefore need to be able to use their own on board facilities.
When shower and toilet facilities are allowed to open, prices will ordinarily include use of these.
ROUNDOAK FARM is a working farm that focuses largely on breeding of rare breed sheep including Hebridean, North Ronaldsays and the very rare Boreray sheep, we also keep rare breed cows, including Vaynols, White Parks, Irish Moiled and Highland Cattle. It is set in the heart of the Kentish countryside, south of the county town Maidstone, on the southerly slopes of the Greensand Ridge overlooking the beautiful weald of Kent. The mainly grassland farm now consists of approximately 180 acres including 5 acres of natural oak woodland at Sutton Valence and a further 50 acres at our sister farm, Kings Oak, which also has a commercial campsite, just a mile or so away in Ulcombe. The farm also conservation graze in excess of 1500 acres throughout central Kent.
- The site is clean and consists of level mown grass and hard standing pitches.
- Pitches are available with or without electric hook up as required.
- All pitches are generous in size.
- All pitches and are south facing.
- WC and shower facilities are included in the price of the pitch.
Controlled dogs are very welcome.
Lovely five acres of wooded walk open to guests.
The site has secure coded access gates and security cameras, and the pitch area is gated and fenced.
Guests are welcome to look around the farm yard by arrangement, depending on the time of year, there are normally sheep, lambs, pigs, piglets, cows and calves on site as well as chickens, chicks, turkeys, and ducks that wander the farm freely.
Home produce is always available and includes eggs, meat including pork sausages, bacon, lamb and beef.
We have also produced our own bed throws and wool. These are available to purchase as well as branded Roundoak clothing by Musto including jackets, coats, fleeces and polo shirts all of top quality.
Further details of this unique and peaceful site can be seen on our own website.
- Leeds Castle
- Hever Castle
- Penshurst Place and gardens
- Sissinghurst Castle and gardens
- Bedgebury Pineatum
- Rye and Hastings
- Ightham Moat
- Kentish vineyards at Tenterden, Biddenden and Staplehurst
- Tenterden town and steam trains
- Chatham historic Dockyard
- Whitstable (whitstable oysters)
- Cathedral City of Canterbury
- Dover and day trips to France
- Hythe, Dymchurch to Dungeness miniture railway
- Trips to london from Headcorn station (2 miles) trains to Charing Cross in central london. Journey time about 1 hour.
- Tunbridge Wells
- Maidstone: Chequers Centre Bus Station — 6.1 miles
- Gillingham (Kent): Hempstead Valley Coach Stop — 9.8 miles
- Wigmore (Medway): Wigmore Road — 9.9 miles
- Headcorn Rail Station — 2.5 miles
- Staplehurst Rail Station — 3.2 miles
- Harrietsham Rail Station — 4.2 miles
FERRY TERMINAL/ EUROTUNNEL
- Dover Ferry Terminal – 44.2 miles
- Folkestone Eurotunnel Terminal — 23.3 miles
- Lydd London Ashford Airport — 22.2 miles
- London Southend Airport — 25.8 miles
- Biggin Hill Airport — 26.5 miles.
Norman and Ruth look forward to seeing you at Roundoak Farm in the heart of the Kentish countryside!
Please note this is an Adult Only Site. Minimum 3 night booking for Bank Holiday weekends.
Electric amperage: 16
You need to be a Club member to view directions to this Certificated Location. Log in
- ME17 3ED
- Lat 51.203489 / Lon 0.603639
- OS field ref:
- OS map ref:
- Buses go to: Maidstone and Headcorn
- Daily public transport within 1 mile
- Nearest port: Dover (30 miles)
- Nearest train station: Headcorn
Log in to write a review
Arrived at this site for a 2 night stay to a friendly welcome but to be told on that night there was a party in the woods and they hoped the noise would not be too bad, well it was and from 4pm to 10pm it was very loud and intrusive. This should not be the first time you find out about disruption of this type. We use cl’s because they are quiet. The access road is very tight and of poor quality with few passing places, so every time you go out you have to run the gauntlet with oncoming vehicles. The site itself is a good size with electric points well spread out, the all grass field is flat and is kept reasonably short but the clippings are left which means the caravan gets full of grass. The shower is first class but at £2.50 each per night it should be. Good security gates gives a reassuring feel.