Caravan Cover

What's the difference between Caravan Cover from the Caravan and Motorhome Club and caravan insurance?

As we are a membership organisation, and caravan cover is not a legal requirement, we have been able to establish a product just for our members where all aspects of cover are dealt with by the Club.

For example, if you make a claim you would be dealing with the Club rather than a third party organisation.

We provide Caravan Cover on a discretionary basis which means our Board has full discretion over whether to agree to pay claims and the amounts to be paid. They may also agree to pay claims outside the terms and conditions of the cover if they feel the circumstances justify it. It is not a contract of insurance.

I plan to store my caravan at home, is this OK for Caravan Cover?


As long as the caravan is stored in the UK and you have met the minimum security requirements as detailed in the Cover Wording, there are no restrictions regarding caravan storage.

I store my caravan abroad; can I cover it with the Club?

Our Caravan Cover is available to UK residents who keep their caravans in the UK. However, your caravan can be used for holidays abroad for up to 182 days in any one period of cover. Cover for longer periods abroad may be available subject to additional information being provided on application.

Can I get Caravan Cover for my folding camper?

Yes. Our Caravan Cover can cover folding campers and trailer tents as well as touring caravans

How much should I cover my caravan, equipment and contents for?

The sum you choose to cover for the contents of your caravan is entirely up to you, however we suggest you select an amount that reflects the potential value of all items in your caravan, should they be lost or destroyed completely in a worst case scenario.

What security devices do I need to fit to my caravan?

The security condition requires that at least one security device is fitted when the caravan is not in use and unhitched from the towing vehicle. If you do not secure the caravan, we may decline to pay a theft claim.

When will my caravan be covered?

Your caravan is covered all the time including when it’s in storage, on your drive, on the road or on site. You'll be covered against accidental damage or loss from theft,  vandalism, storm, and flood. Please read the relevant cover booklet on our cover documents page for full details.

Where can I find the Chassis, CRiS, or VIN number on my caravan?

The CRiS or VIN number for all caravans registered after 1992 is a 17 digit alphanumeric which is stamped on a plate on the chassis and also etched on the window of the caravan.

Who can use my caravan if I take out the Club's Caravan Cover?

Your friends and family can use your caravan as long as you have not let it for hire or reward. Cover includes your equipment and contents but it does not cover their personal items.

My cover

I have an excess on my Caravan Cover/insurance policy, what does this mean?

In the event of a claim, the excess is the contribution you must make towards the cost of your claim.

Can I download or print a summary of my documents?

You can view and download your Caravan Cover documents and the policy documents for Red Pennant Overseas Holiday Insurance, Gadget Insurance, and Key Cover policy documents from the My Profile Area on the Club website.

MAYDAY UK Breakdown policy wording can be viewed and downloaded while you’re getting your quote. 

Motorhome, Car and Home Insurance policy documents are accessible after you have obtained a quote. 

Full documentation will be sent to you once you have bought cover by email or by post. 

If you have misplaced your documents, please call so we can arrange a copy to be sent to you:

  • Green Flag Breakdown and Recovery: 0800 051 5318

  • Motorhome, Car or Home insurance: 0345 308 8643

Additional help

Can't find what you're looking for? Contact us