With its outstanding heritage, a beautiful coastline and mountains for all seasons, Aquitaine is one of the largest and most varied regions of France.
The Dordogne area is famous worldwide for its beautiful countryside and history with many prehistoric sites to visit.
The region benefits from mild temperatures all year round, making it a wonderful place to stay during any season whether relaxing on the beach or exploring the mountains and wooded valleys to find hidden traditional villages.
Major towns and cities
- Bordeaux – the capital city of Aquitaine
- Bayonne – ideal access to the Pyrenees Mountains and the Atlantic coast
- Mont de Marsan – located in the centre of the largest forest in Europe
- Biaritz – the beaches have made this town a prime destination for surfers
- St Emilion – fascinating churches and ruins stretch along the steep and narrow street
- Dune du Pilat – the highest dune in Europe, incredible panoramic views
- Château de Commarque – a medieval fortified encampment
- Lascaux - a UNESCO site of prehistoric caves
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas site bookings can be made online or by phoning 01342 488 102. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
You can choose to pay a £75 deposit on campsite bookings, if your departure date is over eight weeks away. The outstanding balance must be cleared eight weeks before travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European sites are star-rated by local authorities and will have different standards and regulations to the UK. The Club's site inspectors ensure they are of a high standard for our members.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.